Keyless entry "beeper" doesnt work
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Keyless entry "beeper" doesnt work within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ever since I installed my uppipe and had to bend the beeper back it hasnt been working right. I did ...

Keyless entry "beeper" doesnt work

Ever since I installed my uppipe and had to bend the beeper back it hasnt been working right. I did the installation at the end of december so I thought it was cold / snow related but now it doesnt work at all. I've checked the connections and didnt see anything obvious. Anyone else had a similar problem? I'd take it to the dealer but it would not be worth them seeing my uppipe and making an issue of it so i may just leave it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

try looking in your manual, it has a reference to where you can enable the 'beeping' noise when you lock/unlock your car

If the horn itself is connected, maybe the alarm isn't triggering it.

To toggle the chirp on/off..

On your keyfob...
    Press Unlock Once
    Press BOTH buttons and hold for 2 seconds

Same problem no alarm beep. I did not do any up or dp yet. just one day it stopped working. and I took it to the dealership and they did not know what was wrong with it ether. they played it off as my fault and was going to charge me to figure it out.
    Looking to be in the 12's

I had this same problem. took it to the dealer and they replaced the control unit on warranty. so then it worked again for a while and now it doesn't anymore. not sure if i turned it off by accident or what but i haven't tried to turn it back on again, would be nice to have the chirp but not worth the headaches and hassle to have it.

not really worth it. had it at the dealer I think twice now. they are just as stumped as me alarm still works so no big deal. And even some times I will hit the button to unlock the doors the lights will flash. but the doors will not unlock so I hit the button again some times that will work and it will unlock the driver door. then hit it again and it will unlock the other doors. Then sometimes it will take me 3 times to inishally open the driver door.no more than three times.
    Looking to be in the 12's

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.