Fog light's out (warranty ?)

This is a discussion on Fog light's out (warranty ?) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought my '04 Rex last April, has about 15,000 miles on it. The other day, the right fog light ...

Fog light's out (warranty ?)

I bought my '04 Rex last April, has about 15,000 miles on it. The other day, the right fog light went out, I bought the car new, have the warranty, is this covered? I ask because it's been less than a year, I know I shouldn't have to replace the bulb that fast.
    Thanks in advance,
    woody

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no, it's a wear item

its like 5 bucks for a bulb i think, just go to a local auto parts store, its pretty standard.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

good excuse to spend $20 go on ebay and buy syvana silver star bulbs. I got them and there a whole lot better. autoparts wants $20ea for silverstar. oe replacment $3.00. ez to do also.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Thanks for the posts.
    What's the difference between stockers and syvana silver star bulbs?
    Pics would be nice too
    What did you mean at the end about OE? I was kinda unsure.
    Take it easy all

ok silver star is blue like and shine white on the road and gain of some distance on the roadas well. ok stock yellow yuck can't see very well but good side to side a bit. I have all 4 silverstar. HID not currently on the car due to wiring problem. hid will out shine fogs to the point turn off or no no differance . But with stock 02 fogs big differance for oe bulbs. I noticed pepboys and simular places starting to carry the bulbs if you don't want to wait for ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/silverstar-h3...jsZ1QQfromZR40
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

also there is a guy on ebay now and again that sells with buy it now pretty cheap.
    2002 wagon 83k miles

Racenut3.0 - said

FYI - I have also heard very good things about Narva Gold H3's. I just got a set and they seem to project a very nice yellow/gold light.

Then again, I guess it also depends on whether you want something more akin to driving lights (whiter light with a farther projection pattern) vs. fog lights (yellow light for better definition in poor visability conditions).
    Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

Dealer should fix it.

Wear items include wiper blades, tires, batteries, oil etc... not bulbs.

I work for a service department (Acura) and replace bulbs all the time under warranty.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

tan
    Their wear item warranty is 36 months or 36,000 miles.

Dealer fixed it
    2004 WRB WRX
    Interior: Momo shifter knob, door sills, red bulbs on HVAC, fog light, keyring, clock
    Exterior: OEM spoiler, sideskirts, red brake calipers (G2 set), cleared headlights (all white), Blue "i" emblem
    Tint: 30% front/side 20% back
    Audio: Kenwood MPV 7019 head unit w/ mp3 adapter
    Power: OEM SPT catback exhaust system, K&N air filter