Break-In Process....Need Help

This is a discussion on Break-In Process....Need Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys....just got my car today, brand new 05 crystal grey wrx sedan. Just wanted to know what the proper ...

Break-In Process....Need Help

Hey guys....just got my car today, brand new 05 crystal grey wrx sedan. Just wanted to know what the proper break-in process is for this car. I've heard a wide range of comments but I wanted to come to a true WRX forum to see what the real deal was. Any comments will help. I tried looking for this sticky and convo elsewhere on the site but didn't find anything. Please let me know the correct break-in process for this car. Also does it make any difference that I live in Michigan and it's about 30 degrees for the high everyday here right now? Will the break in process be any different. Thanks for all in-put, hope to get this bad boy up and running smoothly so i can start having some fun with it!.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not to sound like a **** or anything but the manuel tells how to properly break in the car. only thing it might not say is change oil after first 1k which i would do. and congrats on the ride
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

I'd just use this approach.

I ran my WRX pretty hard right away. I changed my oil to full synthetic at 2500 miles. My car was on the dyno stage 2 with under 3000 miles. Has been on dyno 5 different times and is stage 4 with 6500 miles. No problems yet!! And I definetly did not follow any break in period. Congrats on new ride. Drive it like you stole it!!

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    I'd just use this approach.

yea like i said follow the manuel., im pretty sure all that is in it.

crazy vid
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

alright....yea i realize it was a dumb question.....but i hate reading the DAMN directions....but i guess i will sit down and take a look at it....thanks again guys

just did mine...1k mile break in under 4000 rpm and under 55mph..it's hell but in the long run your motor will thank you. get the oil changed after 1000 miles, too bc all sorts of metallic shaving and such end up in your oil..and you dont wanna be driving it hard with all of that sh*t in it. good luck, have fun, be safe.

-Rishi

Don't listen to listen to that guy. Take it easy for at least the first 1,000 miles, don't stay at the same speed for any amount of time (this means NO cruise control) and no rapid acceleration. Try to keep the car under 3500 rpms.

+1 w/ blue
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?