Rotating tires

This is a discussion on Rotating tires within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had my oil changed at a Subbie dealership in Lynnwood, IL and was told that all along (I'm at ...

Rotating tires

I had my oil changed at a Subbie dealership in Lynnwood, IL and was told that all along (I'm at 13k) I should have been getting my tires rotated every other oil change. Also, if I switch to their synthetic, which I need oil changes every 6k, I would then need to have them rotated every oil change.
    I've searched around the boards, haven't found anything about it. Anyone know anything?
    Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you check your owner's manual maintenance schedule?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i rotate tires if i can see that the front is a bit more worn out than rear. Usually every 4 months
    And yeah, switch to synthetic, there is no need to shell out your money every 3k miles
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Tire Rack says the more frequent you rotate them the better. Especially as they get more worn. I try to rotate every oil change.

Quote Originally Posted by tarbaj
    Tire Rack says the more frequent you rotate them the better. Especially as they get more worn. I try to rotate every oil change.
    if i was selling icecream and told you that you need to eat more because they're good for your health, would you eat more ???
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I don't get it. My tires rotate every time I drive. Around and around as I roll down the road...

BTW, RTFM.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    if i was selling icecream and told you that you need to eat more because they're good for your health, would you eat more ???

Yea, but he is saying that Tire Rack is saying to rotate your tires, not by new ones. Tire Rack isn't getting any money by a person rotating their tires!

Quote Originally Posted by Sotbas
    Yea, but he is saying that Tire Rack is saying to rotate your tires, not by new ones. Tire Rack isn't getting any money by a person rotating their tires!

EXACTLY!

...although I do LIKE ice cream! Hmmm....
    Last edited by tarbaj; 02-12-2005 at 10:16 AM.

I believe the manual says you are supposed to rotate AWD tires every 7,500 miles. Either way I try and rotate them every other oil change.

As long as you change in even intervals you should be alright, as long as the intervals aren't too long.

I change rotate mine every 6,000... but sometimes can depend if you driving style is more aggressive during one period.

it is recommended to rotate your tires every 6k-7k miles...if you dont and your tire wear is off it will mess up the awd system...one customer at the subaru dealer i worked at messed up their awd....repair was ova a grand
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

as a former service advisor i saw TONS of early tire wear issues on cars from lack of rotation and underinflation. the underinflation part, imo was toyota's doing - i.e. new camry's are suggested to have 29psi in all 4 corners as per the door sticker. well all the owners get pissed when they come in for their 3rd or 4th oil change (15-20k) and i had to tell them that the chords were showing on the tire edges.

as far as rotation - well its best to keep all 4 tires as even as you can. if your suspension is a little choppy say in the rear plus your toe is off in the front, and you miss a rotation or two, well now you've got 4 junk tires that make hella noise because the fronts are feathered and the rears are cupped.
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

oil changes every 3750 miles and rotating tires every 7500 miles according to the manual.
    chris

here at the subaru dealership that i work at, i usaually see the techs rotate the tires every time they do an oil change, or every other oil change, but if its a high mileage vehicle, i see them do it all the time...
    [-victor-]