Motor oil level problem...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Motor oil level problem... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I barely changed oil 3 weeks ago and now my motor oil is reading low on the dipstick. How is ...

Motor oil level problem...

I barely changed oil 3 weeks ago and now my motor oil is reading low on the dipstick. How is this when I put 5 quarts the last time I changed oil? 1 more weird thing is that the dipstick is showing different oil levels on each side. Have guys encountered this kind of problem or is thsi normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah this is pretty typical annoying behavior for oil levels. It's just a weird system. All depends on when you measure the oil and how the stars are aligned or something. Your car probably isn't burning oil, but to make sure you can do another oil change and measure how much comes out.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

It's not uncommon for turbo cars in general and our ej20's to consume some oil. Also, I think it's important to let the engine sit for a good fifteen or twenty minutes after it's been running before you check oil level, and make sure the car is on level ground. I find slight variations of the ground level can create inaccurate oil readings.
    A lot of power is good, more is better, and too much is perfect. I mean, if less is more, think how much more more is...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.