Help, A/C compressor not working

This is a discussion on Help, A/C compressor not working within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My A/C stopped working a couple of months ago, right after I hit 36,500 miles on my car I checked ...

Help, A/C compressor not working

My A/C stopped working a couple of months ago, right after I hit 36,500 miles on my car

I checked the A/C fuse and it looks fine. Is there anything else I can try before taking the car to my mechanic.

THanks,
    Ali
    Thanks,
    Ali

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A/C compressor will not work if there is no freon. If you have a bigger tmic then it might have rubed through. dealer wants $248 for that hose. I got one used $35. hope that helps. but check you freon leval.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid gti 2
    A/C compressor will not work if there is no freon. If you have a bigger tmic then it might have rubed through. dealer wants $248 for that hose. I got one used $35. hope that helps. but check you freon leval.
    I do have a larger tmic. I had to bend the AC line to make it fit, but that was a while ago. I have to check it out. How do I check my freon level?
    Thanks,
    Ali