High mileage = probs?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on High mileage = probs? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my car (03wrx w/ 65k) has started to smell like raw gas. Everytime i take a sharp turn w/ the ...

High mileage = probs?

my car (03wrx w/ 65k) has started to smell like raw gas. Everytime i take a sharp turn w/ the windows down i get a huge wiff of the gas smell. I was wandering if anyone would have an idea of what it could be? Oil leak? injector leak, or what?

Also, when ever i get on the brakes before i come to a complete stop, i hear a fairly loud ticking noise coming from the bottom(ish) of the car. Could this be an exhaust valve tick? injector tick maybe?

Thanks in advance for any help/input
    04' RSX Type S, Milano Red

Willing to race, from rolls only

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There is a known issue with leaking fuel when the external temperature is low (below freezing often). If this is the case with your area that might be it. Regardless, you have a fuel leak somewhere and it's imperative that you find it. Did you recently do the 60K service? Is the new fuel filter on securely? Are the clamps OK?

The ticking sound you are describing is also not normal. Check the driveline cafefully starting with the wheels and the rear of the brake dush shields for debris, and then move inward checking for damage. Include the bearings in your check.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

check fuel filter hoses
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.