Engine flush stuff..

This is a discussion on Engine flush stuff.. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone used engine flush stuff to clean the internal engine parts? I am thinking about using this stuff for ...

Engine flush stuff..

Has anyone used engine flush stuff to clean the internal engine parts? I am thinking about using this stuff for my Prelude w/ 155k miles. Do you think it's worth to do this? what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

By a pint of Seafoam and run it through. Best stuff! You can find it at carquest.

I Support ClubWRX
    Why exactly do you want to flush your engine?

155k? Wow, thats high mileage. I wouldn't do it. Engine flush might get rid of gunk that might actually be helping to keep the seals from leaking and other misc parts in operational spec. Your engine might be relying on this crud in some sort of way at this point.

I had a high mileage 350. I flushed it. Gunk came out, engine became noisier, and not noisier in a good way.

-Eric-

I Support ClubWRX
    Exactly, let sleeping dogs lie

Quote Originally Posted by Tgui
    155k? Wow, thats high mileage. I wouldn't do it. Engine flush might get rid of gunk that might actually be helping to keep the seals from leaking and other misc parts in operational spec. Your engine might be relying on this crud in some sort of way at this point.

I had a high mileage 350. I flushed it. Gunk came out, engine became noisier, and not noisier in a good way.

-Eric-

I used some engine cleaner on my 91 Nissan Maxima with 140K and I never had any issues. Ran just as well as always. I can't say I saw a massive amount of crud come out but the oil/cleaner mixture was black as can be. I have to add thought that it had regular oil changes (Penzoil 5W-30) every 3K miles for it's entire life. It was my Mom's car and Dad was real religious about it so it was very well lubed all the time!