anybody make heavy duty parts for the WRX?

This is a discussion on anybody make heavy duty parts for the WRX? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm looking for some heavy duty parts for the WRX to make it very beastly in the winter. Specifically, I'm ...

anybody make heavy duty parts for the WRX?

I'm looking for some heavy duty parts for the WRX to make it very beastly in the winter. Specifically, I'm looking for

1)higher amp alternator (I know STI, so that's fine)
    2)Monster Cables (Batt -> Alt -> Starter)
    3)Heavy Duty Starter (I hate how weak this car cranks)
    4)perhaps an HD Power Steering Pump.

Is there anything more heavy duty that comes from Suby's lineup that the WRX didn't get that would be a direct drop in or is there anything aftermarket that I could find anywhere?

Thanks

LT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you want the subie to start better than it does now ditch the stock battery and replace with an Optima or something with higher CCA. The stocker only has 356cca and depending on where you live that may equate to tough starting.

Change the battery and you will notice a world of difference
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Quote Originally Posted by cbr600f3
    If you want the subie to start better than it does now ditch the stock battery and replace with an Optima or something with higher CCA. The stocker only has 356cca and depending on where you live that may equate to tough starting.

Change the battery and you will notice a world of difference
    I did not know that...that sounds like a mastaplan to me... Thanks!

my old jetta I'd built up with all the crap for heavy duty fun. rediculous when I was up at school my 15 year old car would start and run better than most of the volvos that daddy had bought hahaha...