Coolant smell in cabin.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Coolant smell in cabin. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys just wanting to know if any of you are experiancing the same problem. I would say that for ...

Coolant smell in cabin.

Hi guys just wanting to know if any of you are experiancing the same problem. I would say that for the first 10 min or so when i drive my car recently I can smell coolant comming from my air vents. This happens when I run the heat with vent ( havent tryed the a/c yet too cold, it is in the teens here). Also when I get my oil changed i always have to add some colant, so it deff is going some where. Any ideas, questions, suggestions. I need help, the engine only has 40k on it and other wise everything is runnig smothly. Oh ya it is a 02 WRX 2.0 turbo

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mmmmm....maple syrup.

When I swapped my first turbo I spilled alot of it. The smell lingered for months! Even now when I pull into the garage I will still catch a wiff of it. Be sensable, check your levels and for wetness, but I can tell you if you spilled any you will smell it for a LONG time. Just make sure the smell is getting less noticeable as time goes on.
    W#0rEing posts since 2003

anyone else?
    i dont think this is just an ambiant smell. It is constant and there is def some significant coolant loss.

is your front windshield getting foggy too?? does your heat work well? it could be the heater core. They smell bad when they start to go out.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

you might have a coolant leak. Inspect your gaskets, radiator hoses, for any wearing or cracks and check for any leaks, either on the floor or on the car itself. you could be burning coolant in your engine.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.