Bleeding brake fluid question.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Bleeding brake fluid question. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Upon fixing my car I had to remove the caliper assembly and drain the brake fluid on the driver front ...

Bleeding brake fluid question.

Upon fixing my car I had to remove the caliper assembly and drain the brake fluid on the driver front side, the thing I'm wondering is, do I have to drain the rest of the system as well? I think, dont quote me on this, but the brake line pattern is crossed between the wheel's so if I drained my front driver's I would only need to re bleed the rear passenger side. Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not sure of the answer to that, but If you're going to bleed two wheels, you might as well take the time and bleed the other two just to be safe IMO. It'a a good opportunity to go buy some decent fluid and flush the whole lot.

I wouldn't take any chances with the possibility of air in the system. As the designated order for bleeding is R front/ L rear /L front / R rear it doesn't make much sense to just do the last two without checking the first two are air-free.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.