Having Problems, need help plz!

This is a discussion on Having Problems, need help plz! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, hope i can explain this the right way. Sometimes while i'm stopping or decelerating my car will turn ...

Having Problems, need help plz!

Hey guys, hope i can explain this the right way. Sometimes while i'm stopping or decelerating my car will turn off. Just like when the car konks out if you let go of the clutch in 1st gear. The first few times it happened i was in 1st gear and parking so i thought i let off the clutch. But the other day i was in 2nd gear slowing down at a red light and my car turns off on me. It has happened about 15 times in the past 4 days while driving. I also notice my rpm's will jump all the way down to like 100 rpm's and then back to 1k and then drop all the way down to 0 and turn off. And yes i have my foot pressed down on the clutch
    I'm thinking its either my spark plugs not working or my timing belt. Anybody have any idea's before i go to a stealership or auto repair shop. My car has 34k miles and i get oil change very 3k and i use Mobli1, i havn't had a spark plug change but i know they can handle until 60k miles. Help me please! Thanks ahead of time!
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bad MAF??

got any CELs?

any mods?
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

No cels, running a Turbo XS stage 2 with an uppipe. Now that you mention the MAF i am getting something like boost creep in 4th/5th gear when i open the throttle some.
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

Update, it hasn't happened to me that much lately. Is it possibly cold weather? Also if i'm in 4th or 5th gear and try to go wot, my psi's jump and i hear the engine but it just doesn't seem to go like it use to. Is that possibly my MAF, i thought it would be my timing at first from my first post. Anyone got idea's? I dont wanna take it to the stealership.
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

I Support ClubWRX
    Hook up to a scanner and see if you have any pending codes.

is it a possibility that your still in gear when you are slowing down to a crawl and your engine just boggs out?

It went away by itself, i think it was the weather change. This hasn't happened since i posted this
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

wow, I thought you got rid of the rex.

You don't have a show off valve installed do you?

no the rex is still for sale, obviously north carolina doesn't like the rex. I'm probaly gona have to take a loss and trade in for a tacoma.
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel