Sizzling???

This is a discussion on Sizzling??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so i get home from school and pull in the driveway, i bend down to tie my shoe and ...

Sizzling???

ok so i get home from school and pull in the driveway, i bend down to tie my shoe and hear a loud sizzling noise. I opened up the hood and noticed that there was some clear liquid (im guessing water but im not sure) dripping from a black tube just back from the turbo attached to the metal wall of the engine bay dripping on to my new giant turboXS downpipe that was so hot the ?water? was sizzling. Can anyone tell me if I should really get worried about this leaking?

P.S: I doubt it was the A/C since it wasnt on

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That is normal with the TurboXS downpipe - you had to relocate that hose and it drips onto the d-pipe. It is from the a/c and even if you haven't had the a/c on for a bit- it will drip.

Don't stress!! MINE DOES THE SAME THING!

Ditto to AussieInStLouis' answer... That's the evaporator drain tube, and it will contain water for quite a bit of time even when the A/C is not on. Just make sure that it was relocated to when the TurboXS downpipe was put on and you should be fine.

P.S. The water that drips from that tube is the humidity in the air that drops out of suspension when it is cooled by the evaporator. You don't get much action out of it in arid Arizona, but in tropical Honolulu that thing goes crazy! I could spit out a birdbath from that tube in 30 seconds by letting my car idle at noon here in paradise. *sigh*
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'