driving with loose oil cap
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on driving with loose oil cap within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I drove for abut 200 miles with my oil cap loose and the dip stick pulled out a bit. I ...

HJC

driving with loose oil cap

I drove for abut 200 miles with my oil cap loose and the dip stick pulled out a bit. I have to thank my shop mechanic for that. Is there any harm done to the engine by this mistake?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no you are fine just make sure the tard didn't over or under fill your motor.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

If it was loose nothing most likely happened. If it was off it may have thrown some oil out the filler. Check the level to be sure.

check the level......everything should be ok as long as there wasn't oil going everywhere.
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    your fine, my friends drove my wagon from Los Angles to Las Vegas to meet me up at SEMA back in NOV, he changed my oil at the shop 2 days before and left my oil cap somewhere in the engine bay, drove my car back and forth home for 2 days before leaving to vegas, on the way up to vegas about 30-40 miles to go, they noticed smoke and pulled over and realized the oil cap was never on and put it on, 1 the oil cap stayed int he engine bay for 2-3 days, and he drove at least 300+ miles, nothing would happen unless something dropped in
    SIX Autoworks ph. 626-820-0212
    Danny C. E-Mail: danny@sixautoworks.com AIM: SIX Autoworks
    16518 E. Gale Ave.
    City of Industry, CA 91745
    Mon. - Fri. 10am - 7pm PST Sat. 12pm - 4pm PST
    We accept Visa/Mastercard/American Express/Discover and other payments.

HJC
    thanks guys. I feel better now.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.