windsheld clean up

This is a discussion on windsheld clean up within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; what do you use to clean your windsheld? on mine, it has a layer of grease or oil... makes the ...

windsheld clean up

what do you use to clean your windsheld? on mine, it has a layer of grease or oil... makes the visibility really bad on rainy days.

i tried 409, but it doesn't really get the grease out.

ray
    2005 WRX Wagon Crystal Gray Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i use that foaming glass cleaner with paper towels and that seems to work perfect. also i have Rain-X windshield washer fluid so that when it is raining i dont even turn on my wipers it all blows off. something to try
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

I like a product called "Invisible Glass" made by Stoner (great company name...). It's not perfect but its good.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

Quote Originally Posted by 2point5ohyes
    ... also i have Rain-X windshield washer fluid so that when it is raining i dont even turn on my wipers it all blows off. something to try
    I have just put in the Rain-X washer fluid but I'm having mixed feelings about it. As you say, it's brilliant when it's raining; the water just flies off and you hardly need to wipe at all. But I'm having a problem with its performance when it's just damp and there's a lot of spray. It doesn't seem to be very good at clearing the dirt off the screen and seems to leave a lot of streaks. I now have a distinct line across my screen where the right-hand wiper stops, which is very annoying.

I use eagle one 20/20 glass cleaner....works great.
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

exactly! it also leaves a layer of oily thing. i think i'll use some strong household cleaner to clean the windshield this weekend.

ray

Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista
    I have just put in the Rain-X washer fluid but I'm having mixed feelings about it. As you say, it's brilliant when it's raining; the water just flies off and you hardly need to wipe at all. But I'm having a problem with its performance when it's just damp and there's a lot of spray. It doesn't seem to be very good at clearing the dirt off the screen and seems to leave a lot of streaks. I now have a distinct line across my screen where the right-hand wiper stops, which is very annoying.
    2005 WRX Wagon Crystal Gray Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista
    +1
    2003 White Sportswagon
    Mods: Cobb stg 2 (STX map), Whiteline strut braces, SRBs and swaybars, Kartboy rear endlinks, 04+ rear swaybar mounts, Hawk HPS brake pads meeting Powerslot front rotors, Bridgestone Potenza RE-01Rs, some stereo
    Pending: some more stereo. Front endlinks?

Something that works for me is that Bon-ami cleaner powder stuff in the gold can. It gets the grease off that causes that streaking. Granted, the mess all comes back in a month or so, but it works in the meantime.
    2007 Space Grey w/ Coral BMW 335 Coupe

2002 Blue WRX 5 speed SOLD

1987 Grand National - sold
    -12.01@113