check engine light question

This is a discussion on check engine light question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i get int he car today and find my CEL is on. i have no mods as of yet ...

check engine light question

so i get int he car today and find my CEL is on. i have no mods as of yet so i think what could be wrong. i go to autozone and they tell me the o2 sensor is bad or something. i looked and it said p0171 i think. anyone know what that is? any suggestions what to do before i haul it in to the dealership. on the way over i also noticed my turbo sounds like it flutters instead of a straight spool and i can smell gas when im idling and letting the air vent in as if im parked in a puddle of it. any info would help. i tried to search but i came up short or not looking for the right answers. thanks

billy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if its ur O2 sensor i had the same problem with only like 500 miles on my car, when i took it to the dealer they said it was bad, took 20 min to replace and i was on my way no trouble, havent had a problem since.

Exclamation Check Engine Light ?

That code P0171 is your System is to lean. You need to have that rechecked to make sure what code it really is. I just replaced P1312 which is the exhaust gas temp senor malfunction which is in the uppipe easy to change paid $52.00 and some change. Hope this help's.. Good luck...

thanks

thanks guys. im off to the dealership then tomorrow. thanks again its greatly appreciated.

if the gas smell occurs only when cold that is a recall you may want to get checked out.

gas smell

thats actually the first time ive smelled it. it all occured at once. the CEL and gas smell.