Oil change at subaru dealer with no cats...

This is a discussion on Oil change at subaru dealer with no cats... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have to go in for a 7500 mile oil change and stuff, also i have a full turboback exhaust ...

Oil change at subaru dealer with no cats...

I have to go in for a 7500 mile oil change and stuff, also i have a full turboback exhaust and an uppipe, so i have no cats, i was wondering are they going to give me any trouble for that or what? Anyone have any experience with this situation?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Why are you taking your car to the dealer for an oil change? Get it done somewhere else or do it yourself. Either way it will be cheaper and you won't get crap about your catless setup. Problem solved.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Why are you taking your car to the dealer for an oil change?

i do not take my car to the dealer for an oil change but i am wondering if anyone has done what was describe. Did the dealer give you trouble?
    2004 Subaru Wrx Sti

why bother to even think it. you know there going to give you problems it's like the reason to be there to do that. there trained to know about such things. find another place and save the dealer for warrenty.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

they'll talk to you about your mods "oh cool is that all you got done etc..." "yeah we love mods here" . .. then it all goes in your file

Any places that you guys would recommend getting an oil change, other than the dealer??

my driveway, me and my brother change our cars oil together help eachother out. I'd say do it yourself. If not find a small shop and just take them whatever oil you want put in along w/filter and have them change it real quick.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    It's critical that you check the oil change thread, there is very little info not actually in there. Have a look, it'll answer much more than asked here.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

good timing

I just had my 6750 maintenance done on my 05 rex 2 days ago at the dealer. I have a Helix UP/DP and HKS cat back. They told me "no worries" when I asked them abotu warrantly voiding. They said only if it can be linked to a mechanical failure (i.e. suspension problem...TBE don't affect that)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Armz
    I just had my 6750 maintenance done on my 05 rex 2 days ago at the dealer. I have a Helix UP/DP and HKS cat back. They told me "no worries" when I asked them abotu warrantly voiding. They said only if it can be linked to a mechanical failure (i.e. suspension problem...TBE don't affect that)
    I hope they don't note all your mods in your file. When it comes to major repairs, SOA will be the one authorizing the repair. If they get a whiff of any mods, they will be your worst enemy.

What's with the 6750 maintenance? I thought they were all 7500?
    2004 Subaru WRX Sti - Java Black Pearl/Silver wheels.

-Bone stock

my dealer didn't care. im pretty sure only the mechanic that worked on my car noticed that i was catless from the downpipe (i still have a cat in my uppipe). he asked where he could do a straight pipe like that for his 99 mustang lol
    03 WRB WRX - 5/18/03