Is this the Diverter Hose? (Look inside for pic.)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Is this the Diverter Hose? (Look inside for pic.) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I decided to use some seafoam on my wrx and was told to use the diverter hose. I got a ...

Is this the Diverter Hose? (Look inside for pic.)

I decided to use some seafoam on my wrx and was told to use the diverter hose. I got a vague description of it and the one i used is the one shown in the picture in step two where the guy's 2 fingers are on.

I sprayed a little in the hose and the car didnt shut off. Is this the correct hose or am I using hte wrong one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm leaning towards yes...j/k I don't see a picture, try it again and I'll let you know.

Oh and BTW, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about (seafoam that is). But whatever it is, I wouldn't spray it into the intake.

whoops sorry here's the picture....

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/att...achmentid=2858

what is seafoam?
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

i guess seafoam isnt that popular here....

if you check out www.nasioc.com in the threads you will find some info there....

No that isn't the diverter hose. Thats the Y hose that goes from the turbo to the intercooler. the diverter hose is smaller, straighter and goes from the stock diverter valve back to the intake just before the turbo.

i wasnt refering to the intercooler y pipe.... i was actually refering to the hose in step two where the guy has his two fingers on.

By your description of what the diverter hose... (and excuse my ignorance if I'm way off) are you refering to the hose that you tee off of the stock blow off valve to a mechanical boost gauge?

Here's a picture of the diverter hose (arrow) taken from this thread...

Samco I/C hose installation on WRX with PICS!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00034.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.