Whats needed with my uppipe?

This is a discussion on Whats needed with my uppipe? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am going to install my uppipe this weekend. My uppipe that i ordered didnt come with the CEL fix ...

Whats needed with my uppipe?

I am going to install my uppipe this weekend. My uppipe that i ordered didnt come with the CEL fix and a plug that i assume i need. I was wanting to know what i need to go and buy. I am hoping that it is something i can get a radshak/lowes/home depot. I dont want to have to order anything more and wait on shipping.

Also on another note...

I have bought some exhaust wrap the insulate the uppipe. They are saying that it will reduce the heat that comes off the pipe by 75%. And at operating temps that you could grab on to it and not burn yourself ( not that i would try ) So in hopes that this is true I bought enough to wrap my catless downpipe as well. The guy selling me this said that it would increase hp also. I didnt get it for that reason but If it is really allowing the heat to stay in the pipes better and not escape into the engine compartment does that just increase the amount of heat that comes from the uppipe into the turbo and then to the IC? Actually making the IC work harder? Any feedback would help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OK so i found that i need a ERG and a 2.2k hom resistor. I have been searching the forums for an install guide can anyone help with a good tutorial?

TIA

Have fun with that install

I just installed an uppipe myself about a week and a half ago, and let me tell you, picking that as my first ever mod was an experience in itself.

As for the CEL fix, I didn't put one on. For whatever reason, some cars don't throw a CEL when you put in an aftermarket uppipe and some do.. just kind of the luck of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    OK so i found that i need a ERG and a 2.2k hom resistor. I have been searching the forums for an install guide can anyone help with a good tutorial?

TIA
    If you hunt around you can probably find a pic, but you don't need one. Follow the wires from the sensor to the clip. Pull the clip, bend the prongs of the resistor (fold them to get a good connection) put them into the 2 holes. Cover it with electrical tape. Done. Do it. Limp mode is not something you want to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MascotRay
    Have fun with that install

I just installed an uppipe myself about a week and a half ago, and let me tell you, picking that as my first ever mod was an experience in itself.

As for the CEL fix, I didn't put one on. For whatever reason, some cars don't throw a CEL when you put in an aftermarket uppipe and some do.. just kind of the luck of the draw.

they dont throw one for a while than it comes on..unless you got a uppipe that doesnt throw a CEL..how many miles on ur car since ur isntall??
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!