Downpipe install question..
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Downpipe install question.. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was just wondering how much some of you have spent to get your downpipe put on? Also your up-pipe, ...

Downpipe install question..

I was just wondering how much some of you have spent to get your downpipe put on? Also your up-pipe, or if you did it together how much it would be? A local shop wants to charge me $125 just for the dp, and i just thought that was alittle steep. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here in Maryland they want 500.00 for up pipe and tbe install. They are also going to install my boost, oil temp and voltmeter. I think its a resonable price since I am mechanically retarded and don't want to mess anything up.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

125$ isnt bad for the DP install really.

but id suggest uppipe at the same time since its right there as well.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Does the price go up much more if you get both up and down done at the same time?

plan on 4.5-5 hours labor at a shop plus gaskets

ted

Ok well i see that 125 isnt bad for a downpipe, what has anyone paid for an up/down install at the same time?

i ment for both up/dp

ted

125 is not to bad. it is not that hard to tell you the truth. I have done it a few times. the hard part in the removal of the covers. then you have to unbolt it off the turbo, the engine, the sub frame and finally the cat back. remember often time the down pipe is shorter the stock and will bring your exhaust in say 1.5in. the sound will be noticable as well. watch droping it as the power steering lines are right there as well.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Im just debating what is the best route to go, just to get the downpipe on, and condsider waiting alittle for more money and get an uppipe, or just go both on at once. Any opinions? I would like to try it myself but i dont have the tools nor necessary parts to raise the car etc.

I just paid 225 for my uppipe install im doing my downpipe on my own tho since I have no more money left.

I installed my downpipe in about 2 hours. First time i ever worked on it. infact the old pipe came out in about 20 mins after having the car lifted. Then the new one went in in about the same time. have one person on top and one underneath. The only thing that really took the time was running to walmarts at 1 am to find a drill bit large enough to drill out the O2 sensor fitting for the CEL fix.. lol On a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being the hardest i rate it at a 4. I hope to do the uppipe this weekend, Need to get my exhaust wrap on it first.

i know a lot of shops around here that do a clean job and they charge 50 bucks
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

$50 for the up, or down?

The downpipe isnt very difficult at all. If you let the car cool down and then hit all the nuts and bolts with alot of PB blaster to help break them all loose. Then the old one just drops right out. Grab a 6 pack and a friend you will have the new one in by the time you need more beer. Save your install money for something like engine management..

I want to do it myself, i dont have the right tools though. Thats my problem

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.