Do I need a better alternator?

This is a discussion on Do I need a better alternator? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I currently own a 2002 wrx and have the following electronics. I have not installed all of them yet because ...

Do I need a better alternator?

I currently own a 2002 wrx and have the following electronics. I have not installed all of them yet because I am afraid the stock alternator might be to small. What I have is...

12" kicker solar beric sub (750-1500w)
    2 pyramid amps
    800w 2 channel
    400w 4 channel
    4- 150w 5 1/4" speakers
    Sony CDX-M8800 cd/mp3 reciever 52Wx4 max
    In-dash 7 1/2" motorized monitor
    ps2
    underbody neons
    2- 10" blue neon tubes for the trunk

Help me out here...the only thing I wouldnt mind giving up are the trunk neons and if I REALLY need to the underbodies. and if I need a better alternator where can I get a good deal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know if you can get a better alternator, but I'd at least get a capacitor or two for that kind of set up.
    BTW, this thread should be in the "cockpit and cabin" section.

Good luck,

Alex g.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."