airbag light

This is a discussion on airbag light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; About a year ago I put a Blitz turbo timer on my WRX. Of course when I did that I ...

airbag light

About a year ago I put a Blitz turbo timer on my WRX. Of course when I did that I couldn't lock the doors while the car was running. On FastWRX's web site there were instructions on how to get the remote door locks to work again. The only problem was they didn't say which green wire with black stripe to cut. I cut the wrong one. I found better instructions on a diferent site and got it working, but the wire I cut must have something to do with the airbags cuz the light came on, on the dash. I spliced the wire back together but the light is still on. Is it possible cutting that wire caused perminent damage and now my airbags wont work or is there a way to reset it. Any info would be much apreciated. Thanks.

Justin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Oafboy
    About a year ago I put a Blitz turbo timer on my WRX. Of course when I did that I couldn't lock the doors while the car was running. On FastWRX's web site there were instructions on how to get the remote door locks to work again. The only problem was they didn't say which green wire with black stripe to cut. I cut the wrong one. I found better instructions on a diferent site and got it working, but the wire I cut must have something to do with the airbags cuz the light came on, on the dash. I spliced the wire back together but the light is still on. Is it possible cutting that wire caused perminent damage and now my airbags wont work or is there a way to reset it. Any info would be much apreciated. Thanks.

Justin
    you didn't splice the wire back together correctly or good enough. There's a clip under the passenger seat that you have to have hooked up or hte airbag light will be on.

I never touched anything under the passenger seat when i did the install. I'll try resplicing tomorrow. hopefully that works.