Is 50K miles too much?

This is a discussion on Is 50K miles too much? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am looking at an 02 wrx, that I would like to buy, but it has 50k miles on it, ...

Is 50K miles too much?

I am looking at an 02 wrx, that I would like to buy, but it has 50k miles on it, I know that is quite a bit for an 02 but is there anybody here who has more than that on there rex, I would like to know how it holds up with that many miles, and also what are the first things too go and so forth, Thanks for your help.

Mods- sorry if this is In the wrong forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

J-H
    I have 67,000 on my 2002. Everything is fine.

I feel things coming a bit loose when driving in REALLY rough pavement.
    The clutch is a stock one with some hard launches and I might replace it in the next 10,000miles. The tranny had some work done to it. I am going back to get some more things fixed....Other than that I am waiting for the turbo to stop workng, but I've heard it should be good for 100k....we will see...
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

i have 55k on my 2002 and everything is running beautiful cept for my mod screw ups
    Mods: ERZ Up/Down pipe, bosal dual tip cat-back, cobb AP stage II

I have 59,000 on my '02 and it's still running like clockwork. Only thing I'm unhappy with is the seat is getting wobbly...

I bought my 02 w/ 50 on it...probably has a little over 55 now. Everything ran well once I worked out some issues from the previous owner, until a few nights ago when I blew 2nd gear...oops! Im on cobb stage 2, and I dont drive the car HARD, but I don't baby it around either. Ive only been to the track twice with it in the 9 months ive had it and never launch it on the street. I'd bet money that the previous owner has an aftermarket clutch in it and abused it a bit before I bought it.

So to answer your question, no 50k isnt too much for a wrx, just know who youre buying it from!! Cuz I didnt. Other than that car runs great, doesnt burn oil, no leaks, treated me very well so far. Another word of advice, dont upgrade the clutch on stock gears! haha

solberg--3x10

i have a 02 with 53k on it, just had that decel noise problem so far..nothing else really except the recalls for the seat bolt and the cruise control cable reatiner everything else run like clockwork....

Bil
    I Bought My 02 With 33k Onit, And Sold It With 46k With No Issues. Of Course Of The 13k I Put On It In Less Than A Year, 12 Were Using Either An Sr40 Or Sr55 Aps Turbo Plus Mods. Strong Runner. Im Actuallt Trying To Buy One With 67k On It. I Have A Built 2.8 Waiting For A Home...hehe

70k and modded.

getting ready for turbo & IC upgrade

still ticking.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

79k w/ minor mods

haven't had a problem

*knock on glass*
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

i got an '03 wrx w/ 3,000 ... but i think i saw that when ur car is around 50-60g's .. .it's at it's prime.... dunno how true that is tho...
    '03 WRX - Platinum Silver

20% tint
    Tein S.type Springs (needs to be installed)
    Debadged trunk
    everything 100% bone stock

*the Bugeye Mafia Ninja*

Almost 69,000 on mine. Nothing wrong with it. I'm on the second set of tires, second set of pads, I bought a new battery just a week ago, change the oil and filter...regular maintanence and that's about it.

Runs great except its a little more 'squeaky' than when new. And I'm now getting the 'raw fuel' smell when it dips below freezing, until it warms up.

I say you just look it over really well, take it for a long drive (10+ miles) get it up to highway speed and make sure it runs OK. Let it warm up fully, pull over and look for leaks or odd smells coming from the engine bay or exhaust. Just make sure you look it over REALLY well.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

49k Ap stage2- still ticking. No probs