Turbo Oil Return Line Questions?

This is a discussion on Turbo Oil Return Line Questions? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; While installing an uppipe my son and his friends inadvertantly pulled out the oil return line and of course didn't ...

Turbo Oil Return Line Questions?

While installing an uppipe my son and his friends inadvertantly pulled out the oil return line and of course didn't realized it until there was a puddle of oil on the floor. Late at night they were unable to get the line on and trashed it. Do we have to get a new one from a Subaru dealer or is there a particular high heat reinforced hose that we can get from an auto parts store and cut to length? If so, what are the inside and outside diameters of this hose, what type is it, and how long is it? Also, I have read that it is almost impossible to get this hose on without pulling the turbo first. Is this correct?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes

I trashed mine too and unfortunately it is so hard to get on. I used some hose (can't remember the diameter) that I got from Schucks Autoparts store. You have to take the turbo off and have the worlds skinniest arms with the stringest fingers to get the stupid thing on. I think it is the singlemost frustrating part I've had to deal with on the car.
    2002 wag
    Cool Stuff:
    VF30 COBBStreetTuner custom map
    Sti Pink Injectors, Perrin Fuel rails, Coolingmist Water/Alcohol Injection kit with Air charge temp gage
    STiscoop,airsplitter
    Godspeed uppipe,B&B twin-dump downpipe-highflowcat
    BorlaHushCatback,Blitzinductionbox,filter
    WhitelineALK,rear+front swaybrs,links+strutbraces
    17”rimsPirelliPZeroNero
    2 10"subs500Wdualbandpass
    Many, many more things too numerous to list