morning clutch shudder...a solution - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on morning clutch shudder...a solution within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; a question to those who have had the "shudder" repaired did you all get the clutch, flywheel and other parts ...

a question to those who have had the "shudder" repaired did you all get the clutch, flywheel and other parts or just the clutch....my dealer agreed there is a problem after keeping it for 2 days but says that the flywheel needs only to be inspected....if i'm going to get it fixed i'd like it to be done correctly.....thanks, bluedream

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bluedream... according to the TSB the flywheel is to be inspected and if it shows unusual wear or wharping then it is to be replaced... when they "inspected" mine it was warped and they put the new one on while they were in there.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

thanks, it is a bit confusing..my dealer said they ordered the parts but if they have to inspect first then i'm not sure what parts they ordered....i called the subaru support number simply to ask a question about the tsb but they wouldn't give me any info and then they called the dealer as if i had a problem with the dealer which i really didn't..anyway i seem to get the best info here...thanks, bluedream

If they are doing what I suspect the ordered all the parts including the flywheel listed in the TSB.. but whether or not the put in the new flywheel is dependent upon inspection of your current one. The other pieces are just to be replaced.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

great thread with well rounded arguments from all sides! this thread kept me leaning one way, then the other, very entertaining.

the only thing that was a disapointment was the fact that car was banned.

lets quit banning everyone because it may be "fun" and learn to accept heated debates/arguments which are a fact of normal life.
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!

this thread brings to mind this old chestnut

chestnut:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails arguing1.jpg  

Since I'm lazy (and since I've read so many of these clutch shudder threads expressing angst over dealer interactions and responsiveness of the service departments) I didn't read this entire thread so this might just be a repeat. Forgive me if it is!

I took my car in for a window motor that went back and told the dealer / service dept. about the morning shudder as an aside to check on it. They found the service bulletin and ordered parts to replace without argument. I hope this will be all that is needed. Perhaps you can tell me.

12342aa071 - flywheel
    30210aa570 - cover
    30100aa840 - disc

I am waiting with baited breath to have this installed and see if it delivers the better response that some other folks in other threads have claimed to have seen... Not to mention my wanting the window parts to come in so my driver's side window will go down again!!!

is the clutch shuddering only for 02 model years?
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!

Originally posted by SpeedShift
    is the clutch shuddering only for 02 model years?

From what I have been hearing, yes. They corrected this in the 2003. But then again... It's hear-say.

I'm with the moderator on this one.

i have the a.m. shudder... and, i too love the sting of battle.

to quote matrix:reloaded
    "shut your hole... or I'll put you in one."

that's all i got to say about that...
    Are you alright sir?
    Fine...why, what have you heard?

stock intake w/silencer
    k&n panel
    up-pipe
    mbc@16psi
    lots of octane booster!

well, i got my new clutch and they did replace the flywheel...no "judder" so far...take in first gear still a little funny but better overall....i have had an annoying vibration though the gas pedal as i come of the throttle esp. around 3500 rpm's.....some days it's better than others.....i don't think it's something that anyone would do anything about but i was wondering if anyone else had a similar sensation after their clutch was fixed thanks, bluedream

Just got mine back. I don't have the gas pedal shudder you describe but I do have the first gear issue. I think it is most likely due to the fact that I am still getting used to the new clutch point. The thing is far more responsive now. I feel like I have access to way more power. One thing I did notice is a strange 'whirring' noise in 5th gear around 65-70 when I am stepping on the gas. Perhaps that is what you're referring to?

Originally posted by bluedream
    well, i got my new clutch and they did replace the flywheel...no "judder" so far...take in first gear still a little funny but better overall....i have had an annoying vibration though the gas pedal as i come of the throttle esp. around 3500 rpm's.....some days it's better than others.....i don't think it's something that anyone would do anything about but i was wondering if anyone else had a similar sensation after their clutch was fixed thanks, bluedream

for me is was more of a vibration as i'm coming off the throttle with my foot still on the gas peddle...doesn't vibrate the car or anything like that.....interestingly the need to "feather" the gas during first gear starts seems to come and go .....

Yeh, the first gear is a bit odd. I'm getting used to it but it's a bit touchy... Almost went up the A** of a soccer mom's astro van because it seems to want so much gas to get into gear some times

thats definately the same way my car feels.....i'm also getting used to it so it's not really that big of a problem......there are worse things than goin' up a soccer mom's astro!!!!!????