Car Starting Issues
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Car Starting Issues within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've noticed it a couple of times... I have an '04 wagon with 11,000 miles on it Twice the car ...

Car Starting Issues

I've noticed it a couple of times...

I have an '04 wagon with 11,000 miles on it

Twice the car has taken twice to three times the amount of cranks to start. Not sure if it's me over reacting or if it could be anything. Haven't really noticed a correlation between the two incidents so not sure what it could be...

I also have noticed a whining sound when the car is warmning up. But of course it doesn't happen all the time.

Any help or guidance woudl be helpful.
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah my car does the same ****, I have an 04 sedan, its weird, cant figure out what it is.
    ***2004 PSM STi***

I have had a few occurances with the same problem and I have found that letting the fuel system prime in the on position for about 8 seconds before turning over the engine helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie03
    I have had a few occurances with the same problem and I have found that letting the fuel system prime in the on position for about 8 seconds before turning over the engine helps.
    Funny, I have had the same thing happen with my 05. But I thought maby it was because I was letting it sit for a while with ignition on. Then I would start it. I have a diesel truck so this is just a habit in the cold, for glow plug warm up. Hmmmm ?

I will have to consistently try the prime thing... thanks for the input..

what about the whistle while it's warming up.. it's not a belt squeek but a whistle?
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

Its normal my 05 wrx does it also.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieJeep
    I will have to consistently try the prime thing... thanks for the input..

what about the whistle while it's warming up.. it's not a belt squeek but a whistle?
    I believe the whistle is the IAC valve regulating the fast idle.

from what i have read on nasioc we have weak batteries and this is especially noticeable when the temps are below freezing. when the car has been sitting for a while i prime the fuel pump like mentioned above and it seems to help.

Does it happen when the engine is hot, cold or either?
    A lot of power is good, more is better, and too much is perfect. I mean, if less is more, think how much more more is...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.