Broken Speedo

This is a discussion on Broken Speedo within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just bought a used 03 rex, with 28k on it. Love the car, but one week after installing a boost ...

Question Broken Speedo

Just bought a used 03 rex, with 28k on it. Love the car, but one week after installing a boost gauge in the cluster, the speedo has stopped working. I shouldn't say stopped, cause when I hit the brakes hard it seems to work, and every now and then it will bounce near the speed I think I should be going (according to rpm and gear choice). Mostly it just sits a zero. Both the odometer and the tripodometer work.
    Anyone have any ideas? I have checked the fuses, and looked under the dash for loose connections, but to no avail. I don't think the boost gauge did it cause that was over a week ago, and I haven't even tapped power for its lighting yet. Any help would be appreciated.
    Sorry for the long read.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Problem solved, wires from a sensor on the trans (probally the vss) a routed close to the transmission dipstick. One of the wires was pinched between the stick and fill tube. Any Idea on the cost of a new connector?