Broken Speedo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Broken Speedo within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just bought a used 03 rex, with 28k on it. Love the car, but one week after installing a boost ...

Question Broken Speedo

Just bought a used 03 rex, with 28k on it. Love the car, but one week after installing a boost gauge in the cluster, the speedo has stopped working. I shouldn't say stopped, cause when I hit the brakes hard it seems to work, and every now and then it will bounce near the speed I think I should be going (according to rpm and gear choice). Mostly it just sits a zero. Both the odometer and the tripodometer work.
    Anyone have any ideas? I have checked the fuses, and looked under the dash for loose connections, but to no avail. I don't think the boost gauge did it cause that was over a week ago, and I haven't even tapped power for its lighting yet. Any help would be appreciated.
    Sorry for the long read.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Problem solved, wires from a sensor on the trans (probally the vss) a routed close to the transmission dipstick. One of the wires was pinched between the stick and fill tube. Any Idea on the cost of a new connector?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.