Changed the spark plugs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Changed the spark plugs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Flippin' Sweeeet!!! Gosh!!! Yeah, I checked and the search button works just fine Here's the link to Big Sky's tutorial: ...

Flippin' Sweeeet!!! Gosh!!! Yeah, I checked and the search button works just fine
    Here's the link to Big Sky's tutorial:
    How to change your sparkplugs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The ones I bought from JSC Speed were properly gapped. As far as when to go one step colder, I've heard that for every 100 hp above stock you should go one step colder. However, I have Cobb Stage 2 plus an uppipe and silicon hoses, and I went one step colder. I think that you should probably have at least a complete exhaust before going one step colder.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

With TXS stage 2 with uppipe I was detonating until I went a step colder.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe
    The ones I bought from JSC Speed were properly gapped. As far as when to go one step colder, I've heard that for every 100 hp above stock you should go one step colder. However, I have Cobb Stage 2 plus an uppipe and silicon hoses, and I went one step colder. I think that you should probably have at least a complete exhaust before going one step colder.
    I got a helix up/down full exhaust, and engine management tuned up pretty tight. I am just tryin to figure out if going colder is detrimental if your not running a more powerful engine.

In essence you are running a more powerful engine. With my mods (very similiar to yours), I'm running about 75 hp more than stock.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12