Question about scheduled maintenance

This is a discussion on Question about scheduled maintenance within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got my oil changed at the dealer after 3,000 miles well it was like 2,960 miles and then they ...

Question about scheduled maintenance

I got my oil changed at the dealer after 3,000 miles well it was like 2,960 miles and then they put a sticker on my car that says "Next scheduled maintenace at 6,960 miles or 12/17." I changed my oil in September or October, why is the next maintenace date so close and what are they going to do?
    -Eric
    Originally posted by lanevoell
    stand up for yourself, painter!
    Wesome +1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dealers automatically want you to use the severe service schedule. It makes them more money. They are planning for you to come back at 6960 miles and pay for an oil change.

Pick a good Synthetic oil like Mobil 1 or Amsoil and use the regular schedule. Change every 7500 miles. Both can go longer typically on an oil change but that is technically voiding your warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by tarbaj
    dealers automatically want you to use the severe service schedule. It makes them more money. They are planning for you to come back at 6960 miles and pay for an oil change.

Pick a good Synthetic oil like Mobil 1 or Amsoil and use the regular schedule. Change every 7500 miles. Both can go longer typically on an oil change but that is technically voiding your warranty.
    +1
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4