got my oil analysis - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on got my oil analysis within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been thinking about this oil analysis and looking at my own analysis from a while back, and at other ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I've been thinking about this oil analysis and looking at my own analysis from a while back, and at other people's data too. I am more and more convinced that the motor only requires decent maintenance with competently designed fluids to run on indefinitely.

What is becoming more interesting to me is the gearbox, actually. I have no concern about the gearbox's design, and am not among those who are worried about the gears and syncros. So many people are though, and so many people claim the gearbox is glass. I think what I might do, if possible, is an analysis of my gear lube at 60k (at that point, the lube will have 30k miles on it, a full specified service interval, and the data should be quite interesting IMO). It could disprove a number of theories (or prove them, who knows?).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    I've been thinking about this oil analysis and looking at my own analysis from a while back, and at other people's data too. I am more and more convinced that the motor only requires decent maintenance with competently designed fluids to run on indefinitely.

What is becoming more interesting to me is the gearbox, actually. I have no concern about the gearbox's design, and am not among those who are worried about the gears and syncros. So many people are though, and so many people claim the gearbox is glass. I think what I might do, if possible, is an analysis of my gear lube at 60k (at that point, the lube will have 30k miles on it, a full specified service interval, and the data should be quite interesting IMO). It could disprove a number of theories (or prove them, who knows?).
    I would be very interested in viewing that data.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12