Rubber deposits on windshield
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rubber deposits on windshield within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, My wiper blades are putting deposits on my windshield. They started the second time it rained and I ...

Rubber deposits on windshield

Hey all,

My wiper blades are putting deposits on my windshield. They started the second time it rained and I was using them. I cleaned off my window and applied Rain-X. The deposits started again. I cleaned the wiper blades with 409 spray and wiped them off but still leaving deposits.

Then I had the wiper blades changed and after the second time of use more deposit on the windshield.

I don't know what to try next. Do I need to get other than stock wiper blades? Any ideas?

(this has also been posted in the mid-atlantic forum)
    Better Vision = Better Driving

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am confused by what you mean by 'rubber deposits'
    2002 Impreza 2.5RS

As the blade wipes the windshield it leaves lines of rubber on the windshield. They are black and it takes some effort to clean them off. When this happened with other cars, older cars, that I've owned I usually just changed the blades, cleaned the windows and it stopped. But these are new blades, if fact two sets of new blades. Even the dealer said that this should not be happening. He gave me some instructions which I followed as stated in my previous post.

I hope this makes it easier to understand.
    Better Vision = Better Driving

1x2
    So there's one or two things happening- the wiper blades are dragging along a windshield that has a surface like sandpaper, or the blades have something applied to them that is deteriorating or "melting" them/destroying the molecular bonds and rubbing the windshield the rubber just smears. Any other guesses?

Test time? Try waxing your windshield with an auto wax, like turtle wax, nothing exotic, just auto wax- and do a good job. It'll leave a wax film as well as fill in all the imperfections on the glass and leave a slick surface. Skip the rain-x this time as a test. Install new wiper refills. Send me a check.

1x2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.