iridium plugs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on iridium plugs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; how much for these plugs and where do i find them ,.....how much hp do you get...

iridium plugs

how much for these plugs and where do i find them ,.....how much hp do you get
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

God
    I wouldn't waste your money. I measured no power gains when I dyno tested them on a full out street Honda motor. On top of that I have experienced breakage problems, so I just use platinum plugs now exclusively. Work like a charm, no problems. BTW, your stock ones are platinum so don't bother changing them unless you're running high boost ona big turbo.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

str
    i bought them for about $40 on ebay but after talking to people here I have decided to not install them.
    2004 Black Forester XT

if im not mistaken arent there a set in the vishnu stage 0 kit.....the reason im asking is the whole warranty issue.....i want to mod but the last thing i need is to fight the soa.....just have the axel back from prodrive, might go vishnu...who knows....i would like up/dn pipe from godspeed......but time & $$$$ are the issues.....maybe ebc ??????
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

They seem to be snake oil. Go with Copper, or with Platinum if longevity is a concern.

NGK Platinum, one colder than stock: BKR7EVX
    NGK Platinum, one colder than stock. Expensive OE-type plug: PFR7G
    NGK Copper, one colder than stock: BKR7E (I run these)

-Pace

cnk
    The Vishnu kit comes with NGK 2387 BKR7ES-11 spark plugs that are 1 stage colder than stock.

Calvin

tan
    Toyota uses iridium plugs in many of the cars & trucks sold in the US.

There goes the..."if iridiums are so good, why don't car manufacturers use them" argument

Originally posted by cnk
    The Vishnu kit comes with NGK 2387 BKR7ES-11 spark plugs that are 1 stage colder than stock.

Calvin
    It should go without saying, but make sure to gap any new plugs you purchase. The -11 designation specs a factory gap that is much, much wider than OE spec.

-Pace

Originally posted by tan
    Toyota uses iridium plugs in many of the cars & trucks sold in the US.

There goes the..."if iridiums are so good, why don't car manufacturers use them" argument
    My '01 IS300 came stock with Iridium plugs...

Aloha,
    Richard...

Ditto with a Honda CBR600f4i. Thank god for the NGK spnsorship. At $12 a piece, i'm glad I'm not paying for them. I have noticed too that they are just as suceptible to fouling as regular plugs.

Alin

tan
    Craig Paisely's Supra uses HKS (Denso manufactured) Iridium plugs. Luckily for his sponsorship

i just ran across this post...

i checked with monarch to see how much the ngks are, they seem to be selling them for $1.99 on there website

check it out here enter 2387 for Product Number.

-hoops

from what i know, the iridiums won't do much unless you have upgraded performance parts. like more boost, fuel, etc. with a UTEC, where you can mess with the timing, the iridiums will really help (as i was told).

i currently have the Denso iridiums and have noticed nothing significant, but then again, i haven't dynoed my car nor have i added much of anything except for an MBC.

i got mine for $30 from someone in the i-club. it was never used.

jason

actually, i got the ngk iridiums and noticed that the drop off i had after 5,000 rpms was dramatically reduced and it pulls harder at higher speeds. Just to give a testimonial for you guys.

since we're talking about spark plugs...

are the plugs easily accessible in the wrx or are they a pain to install?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.