Online vendor with lowest price on OEM oil filter?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Online vendor with lowest price on OEM oil filter? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone found a great price buying OEM oil filters online in bulk? Please, no suggestions to just head to ...

Online vendor with lowest price on OEM oil filter?

Has anyone found a great price buying OEM oil filters online in bulk?

Please, no suggestions to just head to Autozone/Advance/Walmart.

TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I ordered a set of 12 filters with crush rings from Wilkin's Subaru. I believe it was a special price of $72 (less shipping).
    2004 Java Black WRX - so close to stage two, I can taste it.

i went down to my local dealer and bought them cheaper than what the suby dealers online are selling them. give it a try first, you never know.

Honestly - from the dealer they are about $5 and about 4c for the crush washer.

i get purolator pure one filters and have to order them through pepboys (i HATE pepboys but its the only local auto store). i pay about a dollar a peice for the crush washers at the dealer. ha, are they ripping me off?
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

I also am forced to pay 1$ for the crusher washer at my dealer. I wish it was 4c here .
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh t leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil t marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

sorry about the duymb question, but Im not fluent and not native in English,

what the hell is a "chush washer"? is it that thing to "wash" the engine before changin oil~???

a washer is just a round flat piece of metal with a hole in the middle... commonly used with bolts to keep them from spinning or for other reasons. a crush washer in this case goes on your oil drain plug and seals it very well so oil doesnt slowly seep through the seal the bolt makes with the oil pan. it is made to 'crush' when tightened and thats what makes the good seal. of course because of this every time you take the oil drain plug off (when you change the oil) you need a brand new crush washer.

this is a pic of an oil drain plug with a crush washer already on it.

here is just a normal washer just for clarification purposes. they come in all shapes and sizes just like nuts and bolts

i studied french for a while so i know how it is not understanding the translation, although your english is MUCH better than my french ever was.

o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.