avoiding voiding the warrenty

This is a discussion on avoiding voiding the warrenty within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I love my WRX. I have had it for a little over a month now and would like to do ...

avoiding voiding the warrenty

I love my WRX. I have had it for a little over a month now and would like to do something to give it a little more punch than the next guy has. I don't know if you guys have deep pockets or giant balls, but I can't see voiding the factory warrenty yet. Anyways, what can I do to get a little more umph and maintain my warrenty?
    Thanks
    Wanna go for a ride?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do a search. Cat-back is probably the simplest to suggest.
    autobahn storming scooby

Some dealers have a motorsports division were u can purchase and have them install parts without voiding the warrantee...some...
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

you only void the warranty of that part not the whole car

Hey Droidel, welcome to the club!

From all my searches on warranties, there's a lot of here-say but very few actual cases. I think RUSS is currently going through a major warranty claim...so follow that forum for up to date SOA views.

Besides driving, I think "improving" the WRX according to my tastes, is like half the fun. Letting a warranty issue scare you from enjoying that aspect seems kind of wrong to me. Here's how I came to terms with it:

If anything breaks, that's an opportunity to upgrade.

I know, $$$??? Generally, the Subs are reliable and you probably won't have a problem with anything BIG. So if anything breaks, then it's probably due to a performance deficit of a part that can't keep up with my style of driving. To replace it w/ a duplicate, would just set me up for another break-down in the future (cause I don't intend to change my driving style), so why not spend some $ and upgrade?

I'm sure many would disagree and some may have horrific stories of dropping transmissions or whatever...I'm just playing the odds and enjoying my car for all it's worth.

dan.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

It's important that you know the law and the fact that the dealer has the burden of proving a part failure was caused by the modification, as SpeedRacerWRX02 and and others (see Pace's Sticky thread in "Service and Maintenance") have pointed out.

But mind you, reminding an uncooperative dealership of the Magnusson-Moss Act is about as effective as reminding a gun-wielding robber that his actions are illegal as the robber is taking your wallet.

Your best bet is to find an honest dealer who does abide by the Magnusson-Moss Act and will only deny warranty service properly.