Quick trany oil change question.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Quick trany oil change question. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has any every successfully removed just a quart out of the trany? I want to just remove one quart so ...

Quick trany oil change question.

Has any every successfully removed just a quart out of the trany? I want to just remove one quart so i can add another qaurt of another lube.

I was going to measure out a quart on a jug and hopefuly be able to cork the trany in time.

I dont want to waste new oil, and i want to try another concoction

Thanks
    Will #1
    LISC #2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've accidentally overfilled it before and had to take some out. It's a frickin' mess because it's real easy to let out oil, but when you go to put the plug back in, the oil coming out goes everywhere.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

So what did you wind up doing ? Did you let it all out anyway? Or ya pluged the damn? How bad of a mess, could it be still containable?
    Will #1
    LISC #2

Why don't you just let it all out into a clean container, then put back how much you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheveyboy
    So what did you wind up doing ? Did you let it all out anyway? Or ya pluged the damn? How bad of a mess, could it be still containable?
    No, I let out enough to bring the level down to where it should be. I let a little out, checked it, then a little more. The mess comes when you go to put the plug back in: the oil runs all over the plug, all over your hand, etc. The faster you get the plug back in place the less of a mess you'll have. It's containable.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

ah, thanks guys just bought a oil sucker lol ill give that a try.
    Will #1
    LISC #2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.