Quick Question about Diff and Tranny Fluid change

This is a discussion on Quick Question about Diff and Tranny Fluid change within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm getting a weird howl coming from the rear diff around 60, the dealer says things are fine. Some are ...

Quick Question about Diff and Tranny Fluid change

I'm getting a weird howl coming from the rear diff around 60, the dealer says things are fine. Some are saying I need to have them warranty me a new diff, but it doesn't look they are going to. I'd like to put some synthetic oil in just to see if this quiets or eliminates the sound. According to a couple members on the board it will...I'm probably going to be using Redline MT90 fluid in both the tranny and rear diff...

My question is...is there a tutorial or something available for me to look at and maybe follow if I need some direction? I've changed diff oil in another vehicle before, but it was a lot different than the Subie. Never done a tranny before, so was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot!

-Chris
    Last edited by Chris G; 10-27-2004 at 10:23 AM.
    2004 PSM WRX Sedan

AIM:
    XxGoudaxX