Quick Question about Diff and Tranny Fluid change
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Quick Question about Diff and Tranny Fluid change within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm getting a weird howl coming from the rear diff around 60, the dealer says things are fine. Some are ...

Quick Question about Diff and Tranny Fluid change

I'm getting a weird howl coming from the rear diff around 60, the dealer says things are fine. Some are saying I need to have them warranty me a new diff, but it doesn't look they are going to. I'd like to put some synthetic oil in just to see if this quiets or eliminates the sound. According to a couple members on the board it will...I'm probably going to be using Redline MT90 fluid in both the tranny and rear diff...

My question is...is there a tutorial or something available for me to look at and maybe follow if I need some direction? I've changed diff oil in another vehicle before, but it was a lot different than the Subie. Never done a tranny before, so was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot!

-Chris
    Last edited by Chris G; 10-27-2004 at 10:23 AM.
    2004 PSM WRX Sedan

AIM:
    XxGoudaxX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.