please help!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on please help!!!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok heres the story...... i was on my way to school and i am probably going 80 on the freeway....i ...

please help!!!!!!!

ok heres the story......
    i was on my way to school and i am probably going 80 on the freeway....i punch it a little bit more and my car just jerked real hard. I keep playing with the gas pedal trying to find out what is wrong with it. I find out that everytime i pass 3k rpm's my car does one big jerk. and my check engine light just went off. this is the second time this happened but i just thought that the last time it happened i swalloed a lot of water in the rain with my apex intake. my bov still goes off and everything so can this still mean that my turbo is out?! i have an 04 wrx and i have about 15k milles on it. my only mods are an intake, catback, and an hks bov.....can these things void the warranty on the turbo? please help and reply with a quickness....i dont kno wat to do!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Zem
    Can swallowing water void a warranty? Um, yes.

I don't know what to tell you in terms of fixing it or diagnosing it yourself except find out what that CEL code is.
    Let justice be done though the heavens should fall.
    -John Adams

oh i just found out that the jerking doesn't occur unless i am in 4th or 5th gear....my bov still goes off but my boost gauge is not reading anything

Quote Originally Posted by Zem
    Can swallowing water void a warranty? Um, yes.

I don't know what to tell you in terms of fixing it or diagnosing it yourself except find out what that CEL code is.
    ummm....what is the CEL code? and where can i find that?

Zem
    Quote Originally Posted by FilMaNutts
    ummm....what is the CEL code? and where can i find that?
    Check Engine Light. Go to AutoZone and they should read it for you. That will tell you WHY the CEL came on.
    Let justice be done though the heavens should fall.
    -John Adams

Smile

thanks for all the help i ended finding out the problem and i jus fixed it last night.....but now i kno that i can go and check why the check engine light came on....wow...i learn something new everyday!

thanks for all the help i ended finding out the problem and i jus fixed it last night.....
    and that was...

thanks for all the help i ended finding out the problem and i jus fixed it last night.....but now i kno that i can go and check why the check engine light came on....wow...i learn something new everyday!
    what was the problem?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!