Labor
Results 1 to 8 of 8

This is a discussion on Labor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys...I just took my '04 WRX to the dealership to have the trans/diff fluid changed out and they quoted ...

  1. #1
    Registered User 45Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    13

    Labor

    Hey guys...I just took my '04 WRX to the dealership to have the trans/diff fluid changed out and they quoted me 1.5 hrs labor. Does it take anyone else an hour and a half to change out the fluid on these? Are they gouging me or what?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User ShotgunTC88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    2,543
    I havent done it, But I bet I could beat an hour and a half.........

    Even without a lift.

    Just my guess.

    Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

  4. #3
    Registered User tarbaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Livonia, MI
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunTC88
    I havent done it, But I bet I could beat an hour and a half.........

    Even without a lift.

    Just my guess.

    Shotgun
    +1

    Sounds like a ripoff to me.

  5. #4
    Registered User 45Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    13
    LoL..Not only that, but guess what the labor rate is at this place...




    $80/hr

    But they did wash it for me..Sort of. It looked like it had been attacked with brillo pads and there were still smears of dirt all over.

    Looks like I'll be contacting a local independent shop to do all but the warranty work from now on.

  6. #5
    Registered User ShotgunTC88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    2,543
    Quote Originally Posted by 45Logic
    LoL..Not only that, but guess what the labor rate is at this place...




    $80/hr

    But they did wash it for me..Sort of. It looked like it had been attacked with brillo pads and there were still smears of dirt all over.

    Looks like I'll be contacting a local independent shop to do all but the warranty work from now on.
    Just get you the manual for your car and do all the petty sht yourself.

    You alwas have the forums to ask before you dive in.

    Save that money for the mods dude!!!

    Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

  7. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,582
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunTC88
    Just get you the manual for your car and do all the petty sht yourself.

    You alwas have the forums to ask before you dive in.

    Save that money for the mods dude!!!

    Shotgun
    +1 for that. You will save soooo much money learning how to fix and maintain her yourself

  8. #7
    Registered User 45Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    13
    Now that is sound advice...I've always just taken my vehicles to the dealer to avoid warranty disputes, but now that I work fewer hours I could certainly start doing the stuff myself.

    You think they'd void my warranty if I installed guages myself?


    EDIT> Dumb question...Of course it would vary from dealer to dealer and I simply need to ask them and maybe bribe the service manager with donuts and hookers.
    Last edited by 45Logic; 10-20-2004 at 03:28 AM.

  9. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,582
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 45Logic


    EDIT> Dumb question...Of course it would vary from dealer to dealer and I simply need to ask them and maybe bribe the service manager with donuts and hookers.
    Now your talking

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •