Pennzoil synthetic
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Pennzoil synthetic within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone have experience w/ the pennzoil synthetic in the WRX or any other car for that matter? Just changed @ ...

Pennzoil synthetic

Anyone have experience w/ the pennzoil synthetic in the WRX or any other car for that matter? Just changed @ 5800 for the 6000 mile "dealer suggested" service, and saw a significant price difference (Penn. 3.50/qt., Mobil 1 5.50/qt.). Any help is appreciated.

Steve
    When restoring my first "ride", a 71 Ford Torino, I used cut up beer cans as backer for bondo. Theory was, aluminum wouldn't rust, so why not?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pennzoil synthetic is not worst the price. The regular Pennzoil are better for the price you pay for it. There is a reason why Mobil 1 cost more. Itís a group 4 oil and Pennzoil is a group 3 oil (inferior grade).

Have you considered Amsoil synthetics?

It is hydrocracked, just like the Castrol! Not as good as Mobil1!

str
    When do you guys recommend going synthetic? 6500 or 7500??
    2004 Black Forester XT

tan
    Originally posted by SACTOWNREXMAN
    It is hydrocracked, just like the Castrol! Not as good as Mobil1!
    but if you look at Amsoil's advertisement, for the 4 ball bearing test (something Amsoil highly touts), Castrol Syntec outperforms Mobil 1 Tri-synthetic.

Tan posted a link before about Pennzoil Synthetic that showed it is an outstanding synthetic motor oil.

-Jim

Originally posted by str
    When do you guys recommend going synthetic? 6500 or 7500??
    This link may help.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Originally posted by tan

but if you look at Amsoil's advertisement, for the 4 ball bearing test (something Amsoil highly touts), Castrol Syntec outperforms Mobil 1 Tri-synthetic.
    On the same graph they show regular Pennzoil to be the next best oil after Amsoil 2000.

http://www.amsoil.com/faqs/faq2.htm
    Thanks,
    Ali

I have used both Pennzoil and Mobil 1 synthetic in my WRX. I personally have found that mobil 1 is far superior than Pennzoil. I noticed that my fuel concumption is better with mobile 1. About 20% better overall. Fuel consumption is the only measure I use.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Trex

From what I've been reading, I've gotten the idea than Pennzoil synth may not be the best for my car, I'll be changing it out at 3000 miles for either the Amsoil or Mobil 1. Thanks for the feedback everyone...

Steve
    When restoring my first "ride", a 71 Ford Torino, I used cut up beer cans as backer for bondo. Theory was, aluminum wouldn't rust, so why not?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.