Windshield washer fluid leak

This is a discussion on Windshield washer fluid leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone here ever got a windshield washer leak? It is leaking right where the line hooks into the pump and ...

Windshield washer fluid leak

Anyone here ever got a windshield washer leak? It is leaking right where the line hooks into the pump and making everything smell like prestone bug wash . Bleh, I'll have the stealership take care of it along with the squeaking belts.
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If there's enough spare tubing, try pulling it off the pump, cutting half an inch off and replacing it. You'll probably notice when you do that the end bit you cut off has expanded and won't fit tight on the connector. Getting a new, tight bit on there should cure the leak.

With my luck I'll ruin the hose.. but it's not really worth very much right now and the stealer would just replace it along with the pump... Yeah, I'll give it a whack when I get the chance.
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!