Voided All Warranties (merged threads)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Voided All Warranties (merged threads) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I probably have a really stupid question but here goes anyway. Everthing that you all are doing to your ...

Question One qeustion about everything you do to your cars...

Hello,

I probably have a really stupid question but here goes anyway. Everthing that you all are doing to your cars once you get them, i.e. BOV, up pipes, exhaust, etc... is this not voiding the warranty
    on the cars?? Just curious if it is and you all just don't care, or it
    is ok. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey, you're not the only one who's wondering. My sister has a '01 Civic but she hasn't done anything to it b/c she's concerned about voiding her warranty. We were discussing the fact the other day but neither of us actually knew whether or not putting aftermarket parts on your car, i.e. intake, exhaust, body kits, etc. voids a car's warranty...

I'd like some clarification if anyone knows!
    It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car...

Oh yah this is to is2scooby...

Hey guy,

Have you seen that yellow WRX around town? I seen it at Ala Moana the ada day. Shootz den.

Do a search on warranty. There's thousands of posts. there's a law that states that the manufacturer has to prove that the aftermarket part broke another, i.e. a bov can't be blamed for a broken exhaust hanger, but they'll try like hell to void your warranty at many/most dealerships if they even smell aftermarket. This is whats making my mod process slow and careful to choose the right parts.
    autobahn storming scooby

Thanks for the search tip Blackshadow, that clears up a lot. I'll do that search now and investigate a little more...
    It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car...

Angry Voided All Warranties

I just got a call from my dealer's service manager. SOA has voided all of my warranties because of my suspension mod! Engine, power train, brakes, you name it!

I've lowered the car on whiteline springs, added konis on all four corners, added replacement rotors, pads and brake lines. I also have a short throw shifter and a prodrive ecu (which is a Subaru approve part everywhere else and I don't think they've found yet).

I can't wait to gat this in writing!!! SOA will not win this one. I asked the service manager if he had ever heard of the Magusson Moss Act. He said he had not.

BTW.... I had the car in because of a syncro problem in first gear!

As this post almost defies categorization, i chose the engine performance forum. I suggest a SOA / Waranty forum be established.

russ
    Last edited by MisterX; 08-21-2002 at 07:20 PM.

It's called "maintaince and service."

Go to dealer number two. Was the letter from a dealership or SOA in Cherry Hill, NJ?

-Jim

jim,

The dealer's service rep told me the SOA rep, who had just left the dealership, had called NJ to confirm his findings. I expect it was Cherry Hill he called. I have no letter yet, but I will demand one. The SOA rep is supposed to call me.

I've said this on numerous occasions. This is illegal. SOA cannot do this. The relationship between a bad syncro in first gear and my modifications is dubious.

russ

By the way, I have a Godspeed up pipe, too.

Go to another dealer ASAP. Print out the M-M Act. If they give you sh|t, place it on the counter calmly and walk away. They'll call you back.

-Jim

The paper they gave me specifically states "voided all warranties". This is a violation of Magnusson Moss. Believe me, SOA will revise this statement.

russ

That is rediculous. Here's a link to the M+M act...

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/warranty.htm

Is the uppipe your only engine mod? Not that that would be anything even close to an excuse for this...
    Last edited by djrez4; 08-21-2002 at 10:53 AM.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Russ, this is your opportunity to set the stage for all of us. Make us proud!
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

str
    Ok, so help me out. They are saying that the problem you are having with your first gear is because you changed the suspension on the car? If so, that's total bull. Also, I read the act but I'm not sure if I understand it. Do they have to tell you this in writing?
    2004 Black Forester XT

sic'em russ, sic'em! Keep us posted as to you progress on this. I'm sure that you'll run into troubles along the way, but be patient and persistent. We're rootin' for ya!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast