Voided All Warranties (merged threads) - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Voided All Warranties (merged threads) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I Just bought my 2002 WRX and have gotten over the break-in period. Now what can I do to make ...

I feel like such a grandma...

I Just bought my 2002 WRX and have gotten over the break-in period. Now what can I do to make it faster without voiding the warranty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

also when you do put parts on and somthing happens or you take it in..make sure you take it all off..it may be a pain but it's better than dealing with dealer BS
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I Support ClubWRX
    Here you go guys. Bookmarked it just for these SPECIAL OCCASIONS.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/warranty.htm

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

The WRX, SCCA, Warranty Conspiracy

HMMMMM lets see..... sell the WRX with a free membership to the SCCA. Do this because you KNOW people are going to drive the shiznit out of it..................BUT void warrantys for participating in any such of an event. VIOLA you have leagaly avoided costly warranty work!

Those of us who are intreseted in making the car faster will be the same ones who join up.......watch that PAPER trail in the SCCA that will come in handy should and lawsuits ever come to be.

?*TRUTH*?

-Dave the CassMan

If someone wants to go out and do some research, a good comparison would be the wrx and the Neon ACR. This was a car built almost specifically for scca competition. I believe it also came with a 3/36 warranty.

jb

I Support ClubWRX
    The SCCA is just doing it as a promotional thing. Don't blame them. And PLEASE do not try to sue them over your Subaru warranty - they're a good organization that has nothing to do with your relationship between you and whoever sold you a car.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Just a theory.

Yep.

-D

Warranty service was denied.

Warranty repair of Exhaust manifold leak was denied due to the
    instllation of aftermarket parts (intake, DW pipe).

What do you think about this....?

We did not touch anything to the exaust manifold when we install these parts.

I'll attach note from dealer.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic2.gif  

they have to PROVE that your modification CAUSED the problem to deny coverage. do some research on the

it's called the magnusson-moss warranty act, and it dictates the federal laws concerning warrantys. i'm sure you'll find they are ourside of the law unless they can prove that your downpipe caused undue wear to the manifold.

i think they'll be hard pressed to do so.

The Law

Federal law sets forth requirements for warranties and contains a number of provisions to prevent vehicle manufacturers, dealers and others from unjustly denying warranty coverage. With regard to aftermarket parts, the spirit of the law is that warranty coverage cannot be denied simply because such parts are present on the vehicle, or have been used (see Attachment A). The warranty coverage can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which warranty coverage is sought. Disputes in this area usually boil down to arguments over facts and technical opinions, rather than arguments over interpretations of the law.
    see more information HERE

that should be all the information you need to go back in there. There is also a tips section at the bottom of Pace's post on how to handle the dispute.

dR
    Last edited by dark_rex; 09-09-2002 at 08:11 AM.

I called SOA customer service about this.

They told me to look at Page 13 of warranty book.
    Also, they will contact dealer about this to dispute the issue.

dark_rex:
    Thanks for info.

I'll update this as soon as I hear from SOA rep

Taka

I have prepared my first written communication in regard to this matter. While I may not share all of the details as to how this issue proceeds, I promise to keep everyone updated.

We all have a serious interest in the outcome of this matter and I may seek support from club members in regard to a more widespread campaign.

misterx

I Support ClubWRX
    Be a little careful here, drtaka. If you put in a catless downpipe then you have violated federal law that prohibits tampering with a car's emmisions system. If they're smart (and I'm sure their lawyers are) they will argue that you have modified you car in such a way as to make it illegal for highway use. I believe that this also makes it illegal to use it as a lot car at a place of business as well. If I am correct in this belief then yours is technically a race car (or somethin' - no longer a street car) and as such carries no warranty and not covered by federal law concerning warranties. If they wanted to get nasty they could probably take action to prevent you from registering the car for street use. At which time, of course, you're SOL. Unless you just want it as a race car.

If you bring lawyers into any matter, make sure you have your sh*t together.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

SOA might proceed in that manner. It would be a public relations nightmare of epic proportions, but they might.

misterx

I do have cat in the system.

they just need replace gasket on driverside of the exaust manifold (I checked with different mechanic). It should not cost them so much to fix the probrems (I even settle for free replacemet gasket, b/c I can always replace myself).

I was not happy b/c they told me those mod void vehicle warranty
    without inspecting my problem.

GV27:
    Have you seen my attachment?

Also, they should not void whole vehicle warranty for just these mods. (what DW pipe & intake mod to do with suspenstion, brake, body......etc). If they say only engines then I will understand more. Otherwise they should stop BS and make it more clear on the writting.

I always thought SOA or FHI is better company since I see lot's of good cars in Japan where I grew up (we always make good cars).

P.S. If they sell STI here I will not spend extra money to mod my WRX to match performance of STI ( I don't know about other people).

please give me your thought..

Thanks

taka

If they keep BS like these, People will move toward Mitsubishi Lancer EVO or something like that.

B/C According to Japanese website Mitubishi Evo engine is technically better than EJ20 on subies.

I don't know how this help but
    Mitsubishi is much bigger company (they make pencill to fighter jet/H2 rocket too) than subaru (FHI).

I hope Subaru is good customer friendly company.

I love my Subie..................!

Taka

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast