Voided All Warranties (merged threads) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Voided All Warranties (merged threads) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Russ, You can get two entire commercials, including the one with the blue WRX in the dirt on this site. ...

Russ,

You can get two entire commercials, including the one with the blue WRX in the dirt on this site. Go near the bottom:

http://www.subaru.net/

Out of curiousity, just how are you going to do this? Frankly, I get a little concerned when our members encourage empty bravado by reciting the ole, "They've got to prove it" line. The reality is, you can recite the entire M-M Act till you're blue in the face at the dealership, but nothing compels them to do work on the warranty short of a court order. A very costly remedy. Hell, Russ, you do more of this stuff than I do, tell me if I'm wrong.

I guess if I had to choose a point man on this topic, you'd be the one. PM me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

russ,

I can't advise you strongly enough: Head to a new dealership!!!

bedabi is right. Some are just ****s about mods!

You'll beat your head against the wall and get NO WHERE!

-Jim

According to Russ' post, the SOA rep called it in to Cherry Hill so no matter what dealer he goes to they will see it as soon as they enter his VIN#.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

If it's truely flagged, then yes it will show up, but Russ doesn't know FOR SURE that they did indeed call it in.

I havn't been back to my dealer even once in the 6mo. or so that I had mine. I hope their not ****s like this.

At least TRY another dealer, this will help you determine if they DID flag your car for sure or not. I would also start writing letters and emails to SOA and see if someone higher up can cut this BS off at the source.

Good luck, though, we're all behind you. Hey maybe we can all do a road trip and gather with our Subie's outside the court house for support!
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Russ,

When you are ready for the online petition: http://www.petitiononline.com

-Jim

I'm sorry for going OT, but Flyboy's new avatar's been popping up all over the boards today, and it's ruining my work productivity. Who is she?

Originally posted by bedabi
    I'm sorry for going OT, but Flyboy's new avatar's been popping up all over the boards today, and it's ruining my work productivity. Who is she?
    Old pic of Ashley Judd. HOOOOOOOTTTTTTT.

Let's end that there.

-Jim

I Support ClubWRX
    Do we have to? You're SO right!
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

How about an update, Russ?

I'll update next week. I'm waiting for a noitice from SOA. Absent their notice, I'll write to them.

Maybe if we get together and flood SOA with e-mail they will change their opinions of this "mod" issue. Is there a particular dept/e-mail address that we can send it to? Anyone know?? I'm sure i-club would participate in this e-mail bomb also.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Originally posted by Flyboy
    Maybe if we get together and flood SOA with e-mail they will change their opinions of this "mod" issue. Is there a particular dept/e-mail address that we can send it to? Anyone know?? I'm sure i-club would participate in this e-mail bomb also.
    we should set up a email script that sends lots of emails, not enought to crash thier server just enough to get their attn.
    (i am just in a bad mood this morning and hate the way corporation treat their customers, if it were not for the wrx fans like us their sales would suck for this car.

Originally posted by Trypsin

we should set up a email script that sends lots of emails, not enought to crash thier server just enough to get their attn.
    (i am just in a bad mood this morning and hate the way corporation treat their customers, if it were not for the wrx fans like us their sales would suck for this car.
    thats very true!! and i agree with you guys i think it's BS

Some of you guys have real bad luck with dealers. I just got my rex today and they introduced me to the head of the service dept. and he said that even if I add a bigger turbo it will not void my warranty same with any suspension mod. He showed me this guys transmission where he made his own short throw shifter and thrashed 3rd and 4th gear , but they replaced the entire tranny under WARRANTY.
    2002 WR Blue Subaru WRX

That's good to know James, what dealership was this?

Carlo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.