Voided All Warranties (merged threads) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Voided All Warranties (merged threads) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I will post every document I send to them and every document they send to me. I said it before, ...

I will post every document I send to them and every document they send to me. I said it before, and I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I write warranties applicable to the construction of multibillion dollar power plants and exercise rights on those warranties for claims in excess of ten million.

russ

BTW, I need an avatar and have no idea how to do it. Can someone PM me in this reagrd?

thanks,
    russ
    Last edited by MisterX; 08-21-2002 at 01:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by russ
    BTW, I need an avatar and have no idea how to do it. Can someone PM me in this reagrd?

thanks,
    russ
    Click the "User CP" button (at top of this page), then "Edit Options" and it's at the bottom of the page.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

This is the text from the dealer's service order typed, verbatim. Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

"Lou Conrad met with our tech to view and test d rive (sic) this vehicle, (sic) he has voided all warranties on this vehicle because of alterations tp (sic) facto ry (sic) components, no work performed, (sic) customer noti fied (sic)"

All warranties are voided. These guys have ballz. I'll post my response later tonight.

russ

I don't understand how my dealer can be so cool and your dealer is such a ****. I get all my work done FAST and RIGHT. Not a word about my mods. DAM STRAIGHT!

I am going to fix my oil temp gauge myself after I put the TXS exhaust on. I don't need the hassle for a few wires! I won't be giving the dealerships any Platinum Performance Business cards until 36,000 miles, since my b-to-b will be up then. The 60,000 powertrain is virtually useless past 36k anyway. If you mod, it's gone.

-Jim

Jim,

I've been nothing but polite and chummy with these guys. Today was the fourth time I took the car in for the same problem. I've been complaining about this since I first bought the car and it had no mods.

russ

How far is the next closest dealer?

-Jim

About 10 miles.

good luck with that... i was very selective of my dealer... despite having to drive 30-40 minutes to get to my dealership, it was well worth it! (the closest is 10 minutes away and they are jackasses!)
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

I wish I was back in Pennsylvania. There, I have pull.

That is unbelievable. I worked as a service consultant at a Lexus dealership for 4 1/2 years and we used to cover EVERYTHING. I mean the customer would hit something with a sideview mirror and we would cover it. They would get curb their tire and it would blow out - we would cover it. We all knew that specifically by the letter- these weren't warrantable concerns - but it's a small price to pay to have a good relationship with the customer and keep 'em coming back! I've sent techs. on 1 hour parking garage hunts to track down squeaks and rattles on cars with 45k miles on them.

Subaru is being chicken-sh*t in this regard!

There's an old adage in the car business (and our dealership specifically):

The SALES department sells the customer their first car.
    The SERVICE department sells them the rest.

Subaru is going to be sorry if they can't see fit to pony up the relative pittance it would take to handle customers with care by seeing WRX sales plummet in the following years.

BOOOO SoA...

YAY Russ! Go get 'em!

Aloha,
    Richard...

P.S. The only time we denied warranty claims was when the failure was DIRECTLY ATTRIBUTABLE to the aftermarket part or system.

P.P.S. The only exceptions were when guys with lowered IS300's would try to come in and complain about "harsh ride" or someother such silliness - but PUH-LEEZE! SoA is going WAY overboard here.

SOA says my first gear grinds because I lowered my car. I want to see them try to prove that one! The MM Act says they have to prove it.

BTW. The more support I get on this thread, the better it is for all of us. Can anyone do vid caps of the SOA commercial for the rex where it spins out in the dirt kicking up big roostertails of dirt?

I want some of those!!!! Real Bad!!!!!!

russ

BTW. Where are all of the vendors in regard to this issue? They serve to gain by supporting this cause. Who, besides me, is going to buy aftermarket parts if SOA screws you for installing them?

russ

Originally posted by russ
    SOA says my first gear grinds because I lowered my car. I want to see them try to prove that one! The MM Act says they have to prove it.

BTW. The more support I get on this thread, the better it is for all of us. Can anyone do vid caps of the SOA commercial for the rex where it spins out in the dirt kicking up big roostertails of dirt?

I want some of those!!!! Real Bad!!!!!!

russ
    I'm pretty sure I have them on my HD, I can email them to you if you want. Let me know.

Russ,
    Which dealer was this? Was it by Tysons?

Pence in Midlothian.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.