Guys I need your help

This is a discussion on Guys I need your help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 05 STi is at 3000 miles now and need to change my oil. So I called the Subie dealer ...

Guys I need your help

My 05 STi is at 3000 miles now and need to change my oil. So I called the Subie dealer that i bought my STi from and asked them if i can use Mobil1 full syn. oil for the STi. They told me NOT to use ANY FULL SYN. oil for the Subie! They said use 5w-30 Castrol syn. blend only! If I use Mobile1 and something happen to the Sti it will not be cover under warrnty. Is this ture? Cause i didn't belive them, so I called another Subie dealer and asked the same question and this time its different. They said its ok to use any full Syn. oil for the Sti and I should use 5w-30 because here in Washington its pertty cold and also to put 4.5 quart of oil. So can you guys tell me who to belive. Thanks!
    '90 CRX Si (rip)
    '00 civic Si (rip)
    '02 EP3 Si
    '05 WRX Sti (Stocker)
    Dam I love 'S' 'i' and now the "T" is in the middle I even love it more!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You can use any oil from any source you like IF AND ONLY IF:

1. It is the correct specification as stated in your owner's manual (example: my USMY02 2.0 car states API spec "SL")

AND

2. It is the correct viscosity as stated in your manual (example: my manual states 5W-30 or 10W-30 or 10W-40 or 20W-50 or 10W-50 depending on temperature etc.).

All the rest is ignorance and/or just talk. If it's not in writting, it is irrelevant as far as your warranty is concerned.

Check the oil sticky thread and search for the other motor oil threads on these fora.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks Mang!
    '90 CRX Si (rip)
    '00 civic Si (rip)
    '02 EP3 Si
    '05 WRX Sti (Stocker)
    Dam I love 'S' 'i' and now the "T" is in the middle I even love it more!