ACTUALLY ran out of gas....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on ACTUALLY ran out of gas.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so I was coming home from a baseball game last night and could have swore i had a few more ...

ACTUALLY ran out of gas....

so I was coming home from a baseball game last night and could have swore i had a few more miles before my gas light had been on too long ..but anyway i ended up going down 121 doing 5 mph because my car would randomly like i was about to stahl when i was pressing the pedal. Now my question is... after injecting all that crap... do i just need to put a bottle of fuel injection cleaner in or fill it up with 105, or anything else? just dont want her to be hurt in the long run.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Naa, Didnt hurt it none.......Just don't make it a habit.

I have run out of fuel in other cars (Late model,F.I) and never had a permenent prob. (Just hard to start at first cause the fuel had to get back up front.. )

I Run my WRX down to almost dead empty once to see how far I would get in an emergancy

(went for 35miles on the yellow light without dyin)

Just fill er back up and don't worry

Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

oh really? alright well thats good to hear! Yeah i think i've been running low so much that it's weird not having that orange light in the corner of my eye. I think there's somewhere around 3 gallons left once it comes on so i bet it could go for a good 50 miles.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

If you ever talked to my friends they would tell you "Jeff never has any gas" ahah.

I hate spending money on gas. I hate filling up. I hate walking into pay. I don't get gas until I have to. In that case..I have run out of gas more than my fair share (like 6 or 7 times) in 2 different cars. They always fire up once I get gas in them and never had any problems.
    To finish first, you must first finish

heres a link to somebody with a rex running out of gas..it has 44 replies

Ran outta gas today
    To finish first, you must first finish

It seems to me that the fuel filter will take care of all the gunk you suck up when running the tank dry. Especially since these new fangled cars have a plastic gas tank.

Just thinking out lound here... Take it for what its worth.

I'd maybe changethe fuel filter if you run it low often and now ran it dry. The filter may be gunked up and it's an easy cheap piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tarbaj
    I'd maybe changethe fuel filter if you run it low often and now ran it dry. The filter may be gunked up and it's an easy cheap piece of mind.

Well considering it's probably been above the lowest line once in the last month, i think that will be something to check into.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

my buddy said he ran out of gas in his wrx and afterwards it would only run like 3lbs of boost, so he had to reset the ECU after he filled it up, don't know if their is any truth to it since he is a lying little Bit^&, but thought I might bring it up anyways.
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.