Oil leak won't stop
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Oil leak won't stop within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I changed my oil 6000 miles ago, and reused the old crush washer and my drain plug started leaking. I ...

Oil leak won't stop

I changed my oil 6000 miles ago, and reused the old crush washer and my drain plug started leaking. I read on here about the Futomoto Valve and I bought one.

Anyway, the other day I put the valve in and switched to Mobil 1, and it is leaking even faster now! Almost every parking spot in the lot at work has a 4-5" oil spot in it from my car now.

Any suggestions??? It wasnt so bad when i was using normal Castrol, but with Mobil 1, it feels like every drop is costing me 10 cents.
    '02 Black WRX - not too far from stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

are you talking about the drain plug?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddZ199
    I changed my oil 6000 miles ago, and reused the old crush washer and my drain plug started leaking. I read on here about the Futomoto Valve and I bought one.

Anyway, the other day I put the valve in and switched to Mobil 1, and it is leaking even faster now! Almost every parking spot in the lot at work has a 4-5" oil spot in it from my car now.

Any suggestions??? It wasnt so bad when i was using normal Castrol, but with Mobil 1, it feels like every drop is costing me 10 cents.

Yeah, I drip a little bit with my fumoto valve. Did you try to tighten it another 1/8 turn or so?

I just used it with the gasket thing that came with it. I was thinking of using the crush washer next change.

Has anyone installd the valve with just the subaru washer?

Yep,

I replaced the drain plug with a Futomoto valve the other day, and its still leaking

I just used the fiber washer that came with the valve.

that's odd, because I've been using the same oil drain plug and washer for the last 20K miles already. the dealership is too far from where I live, so I use the same washer all the time...

might wanna replace the plug with OEM one?

Yep,

I replaced the drain plug with a Futomoto valve the other day, and its still leaking

OEM plug leaked too.

Has anyone tried using teflon tape on the threads of the drain plug?

Has anyone tried using teflon tape on the threads of the drain plug?
    I was just thinking that. But just make sure you cover only the thread part only and not extend past that into the pan. It might break off and you can only guess what happens next. I was just wondering if the teflon tape can handle the high temps of the oil? Anyone knows?

that's weird. unless the thread's crossed and damaged, the OEM shouldn't make it leak like that...

Same Prob

My car has been leaking like that for the past weak. It is def the crush washer on the drain plug cause i took it to the dealer and they replaced it and it stopped leaking. The next day though i put amsoil in it and it started to leak again. So i just called them and got them to give me some extra crush washers. That should fix the problem.

Yeah i def recomend amsoil to anyone looking to do an oil change.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.