Redline 5w-30 oil or Mobil1? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Redline 5w-30 oil or Mobil1? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; what oil filters are good if I am only going to change my oil every 7,500 miles?...

what oil filters are good if I am only going to change my oil every 7,500 miles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you buy a Purolator filter from Pep Boys you will be getting the same filter as the dealer sells in a different package. The other difference is if the filter fails and you blow your motor and you've *not* bought from the dealer, it's *not* the dealer's problem. I use works filters for that reason, plus you get the snazzy crush washer with them too if you ask. Keep all your receipts and keep thorough records for warranty purposes.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Mobil 1 is no good for me, neither is Castrol Syntec. Both burned up waaaay too much! 1.5 quarts at 2500 miles. Motul worked pretty well at only .5 to 1 quart burned at 2500 miles... and I'm trying Amsoil right now. Never tried Redline or Royal Purple, which are supposedly pretty good. Amsoil is supposed to be the best though, so we will see.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe the viscosity was wrong for your motor and use. The 5W-30 and 10W-30 stuff tends to be on the thin side of the 30 spec. Delvac1, M1 5W-40 (same stuff for all intents and purposes) and M1 15W-50 are more robust. Since in your avatar your car is floating 2m above the planet, I assume you're not specifically worried about using a grade directly mentioned in the manual for warranty purposes, and I know motorsport is important to you so your motor sees exciting times...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12