Oil Change Musings
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Oil Change Musings within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Reached 7,000 miles on the WRX yesterday and converted to synthetic motor oil- Mobil1 5W/30. I also started using NAPA ...

Oil Change Musings

Reached 7,000 miles on the WRX yesterday and converted to synthetic motor oil- Mobil1 5W/30. I also started using NAPA Gold (#1334) oil filters, as there's a store right down the street from my house. Upon installing the new filter, I noticed it's larger than the original filter (I still had the factory one for reference) although the rubber o-ring is the same diameter. The good part was the engine now takes exactly 5 quarts of oil- put the entire 5 quart bottle in and it was right on the full mark.

I had good luck with the NAPA filters on my last car- anyone have experience with them? I searched the forums but didn't see much.
    2009 WRX 5Door- Silver
    2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    1957 Willy's CJ3B, '73 Corvette Yellow

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

all I use is Napa filters on my wrx and my freind uses them on his STI they are good filters but I may be a little biased cause I work at napa and sell them

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.