being first on the scene of a car wreck sucks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on being first on the scene of a car wreck sucks within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; About an hour ago I was riding home with my friend when we passed by a car way off in ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs down being first on the scene of a car wreck sucks

About an hour ago I was riding home with my friend when we passed by a car way off in a field (I'd say about 45 yards). Both of the lights on one side were busted out, and it looked like the car was dug into the ground. So.. we turned around and drove back to where it was. There was an old woman standing by the back of the car and when we asked if she needed help she said no, but something was obviously up so we got out and walked to the car. She was bleeding from her nose and her arms and talking about how she flipped the car, and her son was somewhere out in the field. In the moonlight we could both make out the outline of a man lying in the grass. He was face down; about 25 yards from where the car was resting.

At this point my friend ran to the nearest house to call 911. I told the woman to stay where she was and try not to move while I looked for her son. As I passed by one of his shoes I could see that most of his clothes had been ripped off when he was thrown from the car. I reached down and pressed my fingers into his neck. Nothing.. it was cold. No movement, nothing. I could see his fingers were already turning blue from death. I walked back to the car, told the woman everything was going to be okay and that my friend was calling an amulance. I could see his other shoe sitting in the driver's seat.

My friend returned. No one had answered at the house. He asked me about the man and I just stared back at him.. he knew he was dead.

So my friend gets in his car and drives down the road to the next closest house. It seemed like it took him forever, but it was probably only three or four minutes before he returned. I stayed with the old woman and kept telling her that everything was going to be alright untill cars began pulling up. First volunteer paramedics, then cops and an amulance. I held the paramedic's flash light as they turned the body over. His face was crushed in and covered in blood. The paramedics left the body where it was and preceded to put the woman on a stretcher. They then called for a helicopter and began marking out the area where it would land.

My firend and I both wrote statements about what we saw and talked to the cops for a minute. As we left the scene we could hear the sounds of a helicopter approaching in the far distance.

There's still blood on my arm and shirt.. crazy stuff. I'm willing to bet the man wasn't wearing his seat belt because he was thrown so far away from the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

svc
    that's horrible. I never want to experience any of what you just did. I hope you're ok
    sammAy!

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. Just another reminder to always wear the !@#$%^& seatbelt!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by VitaminWRX
    Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. Just another reminder to always wear the !@#$%^& seatbelt!

Yep, I always wear mine.. especially now. If I had a dollar for everytime I've told my friends to buckle up while they're riding with me..

OMG that's horrible. You did the right thing. Better you find the man like that than her if you kept on driving.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Your and your friend are great men Main Frame!

It sickens me when people pass by others in trouble...so bussy with thier lives to help somebody in dire need!!
    I want Boost!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p
    If I had a Mustang, I'd sell it and buy some Waffles.
    Want to play with my Wankel?

Wow, I don't know if I'd be able to stay calm in a situation like that. I have a lot of respect for you.

much props for offering help man. Living in an age of crime and terrorism, one would definitely hesitate to offer help fearing of harm being inflicted on himself or his family. I have heard of people faking accidents to lure in the helpful yet gullible ones. Then you know what happens next. I have caught myself passing minor accidents to avoid the hassels of the police questioning and to get to my destination on time. But I have helped on many that were too severe to just leave them thinking they were okay. You, my man, are a noble citizen.

Props man.

Good work - I wouldnt wish that on anybody.
    Hope you pull up ok.

Tough stuff... I hope you are dealing with it alright. I come from a family of fire chiefs and first responders (brother is currently a FR on our hometown volunteer squad)... I'm also a trained first responder and stop whenever I see anything... I've seen some pretty crazy accidents, but nothing that bad.

Sounds like you guys did everything right... especially in keeping the woman calm and away from her son... you should be really proud of yourselves. Wish there were more considerate people in the world like you guys.. bet it would be a better place to live!

Oh.. and I can't agree more on the wearing of the seatbelt.. my dad tells the story of three teens from a neighboring community that he found, who didn't have their seatbelts on... he cries evertime he has to talk about it... I wasn't a big fan of seatbelts till the first time he told that story. Now, if I'm not wearing one.. it's a pretty forgetful day... I always put mine on.
    Turbomonkey

Quote Originally Posted by Zem
    You realize you made like 6 posts before going back to make fun of me, right? I think the statute of limitations ran out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    its hard to keep up w/ everything and have a dayjob.

A few years ago when I was in High school 5 classmates wrapped a car around a tree. Only one survived and it was because she was not wearing her seatbelt and was thrown from the car. So sometimes it works the opposite.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

Originally posted by adam3482p
    A few years ago when I was in High school 5 classmates wrapped a car around a tree. Only one survived and it was because she was not wearing her seatbelt and was thrown from the car. So sometimes it works the opposite.
    Yep, I've heard of things like that... they happen... very rare, but it sometimes happens. I'd still take the odds on wearing my seatbelt though, personally.

Sorry about your classmates dude.
    Turbomonkey

Quote Originally Posted by Zem
    You realize you made like 6 posts before going back to make fun of me, right? I think the statute of limitations ran out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    its hard to keep up w/ everything and have a dayjob.

dude .. like others have said, props to u. u two are hero's in my book. you may not think it, but considering the many heartless people on our roads today, it takes a different kind of person to do what you did.
    Mods
    Pass the hookah, throw down the pillows; Cloth on the ceiling, blow rings that billow; Kick off the shoes and relax your feet; Now roll up your sleeves for this lyrical treat

I feel so bad for u, your buddy and the poor people in that car. I'm glad you were able to help out and at least save one life, good on you.

EVERYONE WEAR THERE SEATBELTS.

mainframe you did good. you guys did the right thing.
    sorry for the image thats prob burned in you head
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast